Political correctness/ Illegals

Started by pam, May 02, 2008, 12:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

First let me say I believe in bein polite to people even if you can't stand em but this politically correct stuff is the main reason everything is goin the way it is. It's the reason people protested yesterday wavin the flags of other countries and speakin foriegn languages for rights as americans.
          I don't dis anybodys ancestors or culture but damnit if I went to one of those countries I would have to be able to support myself before they would let me stay for one thing, I'd have to learn the language, pay my bills cause they aren't gonna give me NOTHIN! I don't care about them comin here to make a better life for their families but this IS america, It ain't mexico or somalia or  nicaraugau or wherever.
          I'm proud of my Irish ancestry but I don't think it gives me special rights, my ancestors came here to be AMERICAN. I'm proud of my native roots but my family decided over a 100 years ago they didn't want anything from the government and made it on their own as AMERICANS. Plenty of families have kept their love for their heritage while still lovin this country they came to for opportunities they did'nt or couldn't have at home wherever they came from.
          If you want rights as American, be an American while still preservin your heritage at home in your family, that's what the rest of us do. If you want to be a Mexican IN america instead of a Mexican/AMERICAN don't expect AMERICAN privileges.
          But that's just MY opinion, ::) ;D ;)
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk