batten down the hatches

Started by flo, May 01, 2008, 04:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Fred and I were in town day before yesterday at Radio Shack - and decided to buy an Alert Weather Alarm.  I programmed it for weather alerts for Montgomery, Chautauqua and Elk counties.  At 12.45 this morning, that alarm went off, and it scared the holy bejeeus out of me.  I jumped out of bed and the voice came on and told of all the storms and alerts that were in a 70 mile radius. When I got back to bed, the rest of the night was a little bit restless, wondering if there was going to be another "scary Mary alarm".
  But so glad we have it, and feel much safer now, knowing full well that it works.  Sure makes the hair stand straight up though when it goes off.  :o :o
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

hahaha.. Well Mama, you got your moneys' worth out of it already then haven't you?
  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

indygal

We're grateful to have our weather radio, but I must admit I was a bit out of sorts Friday morning because of it. I went to bed around 10 Thursday night, totally exhausted, and that radio went off about every 20 minutes or so until after 1 a.m. Just as I would start to doze off, it would blare again. You're right, Jo...it does get your attention! It also can rob you of a lot of sleep!

Diane Amberg

It sounds like you folks are alright...stop sending it this way please.  We had a funnel cloud just south of here on Wednesday, but it didn't touch down. We needed the rain, but not the wind.  More to come I'm afraid.  VA. sure got hit hard.

flo

Marvin and i spent from Friday till tonite on a jaunt to Missouri.  First stop was Pam's, of course, for a very nice visit and supper.  Sat. went on to Pottersville to see an elderly uncle of Lewis' via the lesser traveled state hwy 14.  Went through AVA which had been hit by a tornado Thur. nite or early Fri morning.  No casualities except a lot of huge trees downed, some roof damage and their historic downtown had a lot of damage.  Most of it was blocked off, of course, but what I seen was enough. Power crews were working to get poles and lines up to restore power to the town.   Had beautiful weather for our trip, although a bit on the chilly side.  One sad sight was the pecan trees east of Chetopa.  I understand an ice storm done that damage.  Good to be home.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk