batten down the hatches

Started by flo, May 01, 2008, 04:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

scanner just said storm moving in with quarter size hail
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Devyn-Leann

LOL, funny that you posted it under this category. Billy is on his way home from work (south of Moline) and reported quarter size hail. He also said it was dark as (a word I can't say on the forum). Get ready folks, I think it's gonna be a long night.

Mom70x7

Radar just showed a possible tornado rotation by Elk Falls.

Everyone okay?

Wilma

Latest I heard a funnel had been spotted south of Longton.  Didn't say if it were on the ground.

Devyn-Leann

I called my dad and step-mother who live in Elk Falls, they said they were fine just had large hail. The wall cloud near Longton only had strong rotation, it never dropped or formed into a funnel.

The sun has been shining here most of the evening. It's dark to the east and south of the house. The wind has also died down quite a bit.

flo

well, I thought it was safe to power-up again, but from the looks of it outside, guess I better shut down and stay shut down.  Don't really think Howard proper is gonna get much, tho, other than what we had about supper time.  That's a good thing, tho.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

Think again, Flo.  Did you see the hail?  Glad it wasn't any bigger and didn't come down any harder.  Hope my poor little peas are all right.  I really did want to pick and shell them.  Oh, for you who are far away, it was 5 to 10 minutes of marble size hail.  No wind to speak of, thank goodness or someone else.

sixdogsmom

OOOHHH!!! We had hail three different times this evening! Some got to golf ball size, thank goodness there wasn't much of that! Most was marble, large marble, or pea size hail. I see some leaves down, and the best I can see the young tomatoes survived okay! They are really growing, the stems are getting thick and the centers are that pretty dark green. Hope Mother Nature is kind to them. I set the rest of my seedlings back on the lee side of the porch so they wouldn't drown. Right now I see lightening way in the south like Oklahoma. Hope it settles down some, sure don't want what they are having in Denver! Yuk! Brrrr!!!!  :P :P
Edie

pam

Hope y'all made it thru the storms! Hit here bout 4 this mornin, thought the house was gonna blow over!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Wilma

Everything at my house survived even though I had my doubts about some of the electric stuff when I discovered the electricity was off.  I discovered this about 3 this morning.  Daughter says it was 2 and she wondered who was messing around across the street in the county yard, then heard a large motor start and decided that it was just our dedicated city workers starting the generator to guarantee that we didn't run out of water.  For the out-of-towners, the city water works is across the street from the county road yard.

Bud spent the rest of the night on my bed.  I don't know if he was the protector or the protectee.  He got up when I did, had his 15 minutes of lap time, got in his own chair and is still asleep.  I think I could use a little more sleep, too.  Anyway, we got through another one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk