Winter, anyone?

Started by W. Gray, May 01, 2008, 10:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

It is 10:15 am and has been snowing heavily for about two hours. Other than the white snow, it is dark and dreary out.

It is a heavy snow that is already endangering several trees in our neighborhood.

Last time a late spring storm like this happened we had a ten year old apple tree topple over from the weight.

It is expected to snow through late night.

It was 79 yesterday and the roads are still warm enough that traffic keeps them slushy.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Tobina+1

Noon here (CT), 80 degrees, and 20-30 mph winds.  Predicting thunderstorms tonight... maybe severe.

Good luck with that snow, Waldo!  Wonder if we sent some of the wind your way if it would blow the snow off the tree, or just blow the tree over?

W. Gray

The radio just announced that I-70 west out of Denver is closed.

We had chinook winds last night which apparently brought this storm in.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

Winter .. NO THANKS!

But the wind did blow one of my huge branches down. Split the tree and part of it is in the yard..
I called Williams, but they never called me back. I am going to have to get someone here with a bucket truck to get this mess cleaned up before it brings the rest of the tree down.. and part of it would be on my roof.

Hateful wind!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Devyn-Leann

Oh yes, up on our hill the wind is gusting to 100 mph....Well, it feels that way anyhow. Was going to mow today but cancelled that due to the wind. Wind + cut grass + my terrible allergies = disaster.

flo

Teresa,
Quote from: Teresa on May 01, 2008, 12:07:09 PM. Split the tree and part of it is in the year.. !

Would you explain that please? part of it is in the what???
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Tobina+1

What a difference 10 miles makes... actually more like 6 miles!  I was in town at the track meet and softball game (helping Liz in the concession stand) and it rained cats and dogs and hailed little marble-sized stones.  I headed home around 6:30, and was kicking up dirt halfway home!  Even now, we've only received a few drops of rain here at the house (7 miles West of Howard).  Sounds like they got a lot worse around Longton and SE of the county.  We might end up getting more during the night, though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk