Tankless Water Heater

Started by Wilma, April 28, 2008, 09:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Daughter needs a new water heater.  After pricing a replacement for what she has, I have decided to look into the hot water on demand system.  What I have found so far indicates that it might be a better deal than going conventional.  Have any of you any experience with the tankless hot water systems?  What do you think of them and what are the problems?

W. Gray

Paul Harvey believes in them.

If she gets one, let us know how it works out.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

We replaced ours a few months ago and looked into tankless too.  Very expensive initially but it might be worth it if you don't need large amounts of hot water at once and plan to stay put on your house for many years.  They will look into your water usage and help you decide what you need.  Some families who might need a lot of hot water all at once might need more than one tankless set up in series.  For hand washing dishes or doing one load of laundry it would probably work fine.  We finally went with a good energy star rated regular tank with a 12 year warranty.  Longer warranty means better parts inside.  I know a number of people who have looked at them, but nobody who actually installed one.  I'm sure the tankless of today is much better made than the first ones were.

flo

I'd ck with someone who has one before you spend your money.  They installed one at the Severy Co-op and I'm here to tell you I can pee a hotter stream of water than that thing put out, and with a lot more pressure.  Excuse any word used that might offend you.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Sherri

I have not been on for a very long time but thought I would peek in again and saw the tankless water heater.  I have one and it is wonderful.  It fits on the wall and is very small.  What I love love love about it is the fact that you never ever run out of hot water.  You can shower as long as you want or do whatever you want and you have constant hot water.  They are very expensive but worth every single penny.  I love it a lot and it takes up just a little bit of space on the basement wall.  Great Great Great....it is so nice when we have company over night or when the kids are home..everyone has hot showers for as long as they want.
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

flo

:'( co-op must have got a "dud" or the installer  ::) ???didn't know what he was doing
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Sherri

Not sure about that Flo but there is a place on the unit to set how hot you want your water just like on a regular heater.  About the pressure not sure about that either...But all I know is that I really like ours.
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

Mom70x7

My sister in Minnesota installed tankless water heaters when she built her house several years ago. She loves them!

When we have to replace our current traditional, we're definitely thinking of going tankless.
We're also thinking about remodeling the upstairs bathroom. If we do that, we will add the tankless.

Dale Smith

My sister installed a tankless water heater in her new house in Texas.  It's horrible.  The second floor bathrooms NEVER get any hot water.  The master bathroom only gets hot water in the shower if she turns on both of the sink faucets while she is showering, and the kitchen only gets luke-warm.  I used to think that I would get one for my house, but after experiencing hers, I'm not interested any more.

Wilma

One more question.  Are these tankless water heaters fueled by electricity or gas?  Were they installed professionally?  Guess that is 2 questions isn't it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk