Happy Birthday Joanna Hunter

Started by lsmith, April 15, 2008, 05:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Happy belated birthday from here too. I also want an answer to the previous question.  I know about root beer floats of course, but I have a very ugly picture in my mind.

Wilma

I didn't know that root beer could float.  I just thought it mixed into other liquids.

Joanna

Well, since I know just about everything that's worth knowing ;) I'll tell you that a bull float is a cement tool that looks like a giant swivel sweeper.  Don't know why it's called a bull float; I asked Marty and he said he guessed it is because it is a big one so that would be the "bull" part.  And the "float" part is that you drag it around on top your wet cement to make it smooth.  Technical description, I know, but I figure my forum friends can work it out.

Someday I really will have a new top on my front porch  ;D  And grass in the yard and everything!

Janet, Marty started working at HSB here in town today.  Whoopee, he even came home for lunch!  Hasn't done that in years!  If you go by, stop and tell him "Hello".  Now maybe more people will see him around and start believing that I really do have a husband. HA! HA! HA!

Jo McDonald

Another Belated Happy Birthday wish, Joanna!!  I wish you many more.
And congrats to Marty for his new job.  We drove by your home when we were in Howard a week ago - and Fred and I both said  WOW  WHAT A WONDERFUL IMPROVEMENT ** It looks good, girl, and shows how very hard you have worked to make it so.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk