Judging People

Started by pam, April 14, 2008, 11:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

This is kind of a side thread from a topic in politics and I didn't know where to put it so here it is :P I'll be the first to admit I struggle with judgin people, I'm human just like everybody else. I really wish I could say I don't because I think judgement is the single biggest problem facing mankind. It causes hate and seperation when the only thing that is gonna save us all is coming together and if not lovin each other then at least toleratin each other. When you voice an opinion people judge you against their own, or in how you do somthing different from the way they do, or in the way you worship, or in WHO you worship for that matter. This person says it better than I can............

" Human beings love to hate. Even more, they love to judge. While hate is a feeling, judgment is its rationale. We allow ourselves the perverse pleasure of our hatred when we decide that those who elicit it are evil, or some kind of threat, or that they've wronged us. Even when we're not actually in the direct experience of hate, we still thrive on enumerating all the reasons that these people are different from us, less than us.

Of course I've exaggerated. Often, rather than full-blown hatred, it's just annoyance or irritation that accompanies our judgments. That's certainly the case with my personal examples above. But such low-grade judgments can actually be even more toxic than the hate-fueled variety. This is because they're able to proliferate beneath our radar. Not only can we be unaware that they exist, but we may even deny them outright. Sometimes, those of us who pride ourselves on personal growth, who think we're beyond judgment, turn out to be the most judgmental of all.

The Bible admonishes, "Judge not lest ye be judged." But in my experience, it's impossible not to judge. We all do it, all the time. And it hurts us far more than those we judge. It isolates us, makes us small, and bars us from our spiritual essence.

None of this, however, is a problem. In fact it's a wonderful opportunity. Recognizing our judgments, and working with them skillfully, is how we cultivate compassion. And cultivating compassion is the key to well-being." ~Raphael Cushnir~

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

I have found that the ones that talk about and judge others on who they are..what they do.. how they do it are usually the ones that have the most to hide. 8)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

momof 2boys

So perfectly said karmablvr!!!! Yea!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk