David Oakleaf preforming after CMA Awards TONIGHT!!

Started by Teresa, April 14, 2008, 10:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momof 2boys

If any of you have been lucky to see David perform live, then you already know what a terrific performer and entertainer he is.  Yes, he can sing great, but when you put him in front of an audience his performance truly becomes a fun musical experience.  So if you have been watching the show, next week they start performing for an audience.  It is then that David will truly shine.  That is my unbiased opinion!  Lol!!  David and his family are good family friends of my family, so I am totally a David Oakleaf cheerleader!! Go David!!!

Lookatmeknow!!

Quote from: momof 2boys on May 12, 2008, 02:37:15 PM
If any of you have been lucky to see David perform live, then you already know what a terrific performer and entertainer he is.  Yes, he can sing great, but when you put him in front of an audience his performance truly becomes a fun musical experience.  So if you have been watching the show, next week they start performing for an audience.  It is then that David will truly shine.  That is my unbiased opinion!  Lol!!  David and his family are good family friends of my family, so I am totally a David Oakleaf cheerleader!! Go David!!!

I agree 100% with you on that. 
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Teresa

I told that same thing to Kjell the other night when they gave a teaser about this Friday's show. They showed David on stage.
I said.. " You know that to get up on stage in front of thousands of people and play will be horribly frighting for some of those kids.. But that is when David will be in his realm.  He has loved preforming and being front and center since he was 6 years old.. so this will be for him like being in his slippers and bathrobe.. Comfortable as he can get.

The show is getting lots better now that the auditions are all done. And they are down to 8 duet couples. They will not split them up any more.. if one goes the other goes . There is some awesome talent though and the competition will be tough.
David along with all the finalists will be on lots in the coming weeks if he keeps making it.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Of course I want David and Jared to win.. but these 2 are one of my big favorites too.
Husband and wife team Joey and Rory Feek

David and Lewis are good friends with Joey and Rory Feek. They camp at their farm place on the river behind their house. So it has to be hard to want to win but also having your friends in the competition too.

Here is all of the finalists from last week... so you can see each one and read their bio.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/series/can_you_duet/contestants.jhtml

Bonnie M.

David & his singing partner will be singing again for next Friday night's performance.  They sounded really good, and seemed to please the judges, and the crowd. 
Bonnie

flo

:-\ Guess I wasn't paying attention to the announcements.  I tuned in last night to watch the "final 8" and they had re-runs.  Disappointed, so hopefully next Fri nite won't be too busy so I can watch.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Mom70x7

Flo -

The show starts at 7 pm.

This Friday's show, however, will be rerun on Sunday.
I forget the time - and won't know until i get the Sunday paper.  :D

Maybe someone else will remember in time to warn you.

Joanna

Forum folks,
   I copied these from the website.  This is Central time so you need to take an  hour off each one.  I didn't do that part.  So where it says 10, it would be on at 9 in God's country, etc.  The show is on many times each week,  you need to be sure you are looking at the particular episode you want.  These are all the "8 duets perform", and the last is next Friday when another duet gets eliminated.  I missed this Friday's show too, so will try to catch it later this week.  You can even sign up to have them send you an email reminder, though I know from experience that you have to actually check your email for that to work... ???
This is the show schedule website, you may have to cut & paste it:  http://www.cmt.com/shows/schedule/?seriesId=24755

Sat 5.17  6:00 PM Can You Duet   Eight Duets Perform  [TV-PG]   
This week, the final eight duos perform on stage at the Wildhorse Saloon with a full band and standing-room only audience. The judges eliminate one duo at the end of the show.   
Sun 5.18  10:00 AM Can You Duet   Eight Duets Perform
Sun 5.18  2:00 PM Can You Duet   Eight Duets Perform
Mon 5.19  9:30 PM Can You Duet   Eight Duets Perform
Wed 5.21  3:00 PM Can You Duet   Eight Duets Perform
Thu 5.22  9:00 PM Can You Duet   Eight Duets Perform
Fri 5.23  5:00 PM Can You Duet   Eight Duets Perform

Fri 5.23  8:00 PM Can You Duet   Seven Duets Down to Six
[TV-PG]   This week, the final seven duos perform on stage at the Wildhorse Saloon with a full band and standing-room only audience. The judges eliminate one duo at the end of the show.   

Teresa

This was 2 weeks ago performance from David and Jared.
Sam & Becky are shown a few times in this video too.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/233109/can-you-duet-106-performances-johnson-oakleaf-david-oakleafjared-johnson-johnny-cash.jhtml?id=1587535

As soon as they put it up I will put up this last weeks link.

And Yes.. David is one of the 6 remaining...

Lookatmeknow!!

I have to say that I think they David and his partner are getting better and better!!  They were really good to start with.  I just laughed so hard at Naomi's comment about David!!  She is in love with him!!  That is GREAT!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk