David Oakleaf preforming after CMA Awards TONIGHT!!

Started by Teresa, April 14, 2008, 10:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

I endured watching the whole hour of the show tonight, and David Oakleaf and his new singing partner were selected to continue on to next week.  That was good!
Bonnie

Mom70x7

Judy Harder

Now, that show is "UNFORGETABLE" as Simon would say.
I am happy David got to go ahead.......but, I can't say I missed watching
the show. ::) ::) ::)
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Rudy Taylor

Which one is David? I don't know him personally, even though I've known his parents for many years.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Teresa

He's the one that looks like Sam.. hahahaha  :D

He has the long curly blond hair.

Here is more about him:
http://www.myspace.com/davidoakleaf

In this link..
http://blog.cmt.com/tag/david-oakleaf/
David is the one in the far back on the right of the picture. This is what he does sometimes is go on the tour buses for the big name bands and play and entertain the troops.. LOL
He writes lots of his own songs and has submitted a few for some country stars.  Who knows.. but someday he may be a star himself.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

OK, I concede... the judges are really getting on my nerves now.  Especially when they tell them if they're going home or not.  They get people in tears before they tell them they're SAFE.  Naomi is the WORST about that.  Just give us more singing and less drama.  I also disagree with the duo they sent home last week.  Glad David is doing good, though!  His old partner is still in it, too.

Rudy Taylor

OK, I'm totally confused now.

I haven't seen the TV program, but from viewing the UTube clips, it appears that David will continue on the show BUT with a new partner.  Am I correct?

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Tobina+1

Yes, you're right, Rudy.  Early in the show, performers had the opportunity to stay with their current partner, get split up and both stay, get split up and 1 partner stay, or both go home.  David and his partner survived the tryouts together.  But during the 1st round of judging, the judges decided to split them up and re-pair them with someone else.  That was good, b/c some of the duos just got totally booted together or only 1 partner got to move on.  This last week, David had to sing with a new partner.  They will continue on together to the next round, as did his old partner and his new partner.  I didn't watch the whole thing; are they still splitting people up and re-pairing, or just cutting them both?  I would think that the further they get into it, the harder it would be to get re-paired with a total stranger.  But like I said before; the makings of someone who can duet well is someone who can duet with anyone.

Diane Amberg

I finally had time to listen to some of his music, and I'm ready now to give my "professional" opinion. I  like it, I like it.  I think with some "show business'' training and a good agent, he could do well.  He does indeed have some of ''IT." Some face time on that show will be good for him...but I don't care for the show much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk