David Oakleaf preforming after CMA Awards TONIGHT!!

Started by Teresa, April 14, 2008, 10:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I can finally put this on...

There is a new show called "Can You "Duet"....    www.canyouduet.com

and it is like American Idol ( in fact Idol is behind this)
But anyway.. David Oakleaf.. ( our own local boy ) tried out and made it to the finals.!

The first show of the season will be aired tonight ( Monday) right after the Country Music Awards on the CMT channel.
And David will be on there singing.. !!

Music awards start at 7:00 central and Can You Duet will start around 9:30.

I am so proud of him.   He is just like my kid..and so I want everyone to tune in tonight after the CMA awards and watch our own David Oakleaf..
Wouldn't it just be fantastic if he made it all the way??!!??

Good Luck  David!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

patyrn

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

frawin

Sam will be busting his buttons proud and he should be.
Frank

flo

>:( :-[ I listened to a lot of horrible attempts to sing but I never seen any David Oakleaf.  Why in heavens name would these people not be screened before they were allowed to be on TV.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

;D  flo.. you are funny.. but that is the way they do the American Idol and for the first 2 shows of Duet they will do the same thing. .. they will be showing some of the real bad ones.. ( called entertainment) I agree that there are some really bad ones out there that subject themselves to the public and their comments.

Dave didn't know where he would be in the lineup..so obviously he will be one of the ones on this Friday's 2 hour show.  Then after that, the finalists will start to compete and we'll be watching them compete against each other.  THAT will be so exciting!

But I did see him 2 times during the show right before  they broke for a commercial.  Got this off the TV.
David is the one on the left. So we'll most likely get to see him and his partner's audition this Friday.

Don't give up everyone.. hang in there!
  :)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

L Hendricks

Flo - I am with you - there were some really bad performances. Teresa - glad we only have to watch 2 hrs more -  Doug & I both thought we caught a glimpse of him - wasn't sure what his hairdo would be. Thanks for letting us know - I bet the Oakleafs are excited - I still remember David singing at the Elk Falls Gym when he was about 14 years old... and he was good then.  I hope this show gets him where he wants to be.

Bonnie M.

Because of the picture you'd posted, Teresa, I'm sure I also recognized him in a quick second!  (We get the shows out here a couple of hours after you do, so that helped!)
Bonnie

Jo McDonald

I called everyone I knew and told them to watch and see our talented David ----- I saw him for a fleeting second also, and felt so sorry for the ones that tried and didn't get anything but a "no".   Poor things.
  I sent emails yesterday to all of the ones that I "pumped up" to watch  lol lol  In fact, I sent them the email that Teresa posted.
We are happy for him and eager to watch Friday night.  He is one wonderful young man !!

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flo

Report Please - - - tonite was "eat out" night and only got in on the last 20 minutes.  Evidently David had already appeared.  How did he do and did he do good?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk