It's not a rumor I have filed for County Clerk

Started by LisaT, April 11, 2008, 10:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisaT

Hi Everybody,
No it's not a rumor. I have filed for Elk County Clerk. I haven't gotten anything in the paper yet but I will. I have had a tremendous response to my running for that office. I really appreciate that. I wasn't too sure when I was asked a few months back but I think it will be a great improvement to my life and hopefully the County's too. LOL.
I appreciate all Republican votes in August and be sure and be on the lookout for my signs.
Email me with any questions or concerns. I will be happy to answer.
A big thankyou to all who have already and will be supporting me.
Lisa

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

Lisa has my support and this is coming from a registered democrat.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Mom70x7

Educate me, please.

What kind of policy decisions do county clerks make?
I had assumed it was a "these are the rules, follow them" type of job.

And, in thinking about that last sentence, I guess I need more educating.
What do county clerks do?
What are the job duties?

Thanks!

Bonnie M.

I'm sure that Donna Kaminska could answer that question.  She's been the County Clerk for nine years, and is running for another term.
Bonnie

frawin

Florene, you are a Registered Democrat, I would have bet money that you were a little  to the  right, conservative Republican.
Frank

flo

Quote from: frawin on April 11, 2008, 02:42:25 PM
Florene, you are a Registered Democrat, I would have bet money that you were a little  to the  right, conservative Republican.
Frank
;D AND you would have lost your money. ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

Lisa... I am sure that I am not alone is thinking we need some 'new' blood in that office.
You go girl! :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

LisaT

I am, as many of you know, the Moline City Clerk. I have been for over 9 years. Previously I was the Deputy Treasurer for Elk County for several years. I am very aware of the goings on of an office especially a govt. office. Aside from adding a couple of things like elections it's pretty similar. Pay people, bills, get levy's figured out, ect...
Marvis Gaddie asked me 9 1/2 years ago to take her position. I wasn't ready at that time. But now that my kids are older, I believe I'm ready to take it on. The Elk County website has a good description of the workings of the County Clerk office. I truly believe that I can do an excellent job and hope that, if I get it, no one will ever be sorry that I was in that position or that they voted for me. I feel that if you are to do a job you should do it to the best of your ability and then some. I think that everyone should try and better themselves and their surroundings whenever possible.
As for policies that is primarily the Commissioners job to do just like with the City it is the Councils job to make  & set policy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk