HAYDEN, Hope (Green) (Frank) - b. May 9, 1914 - April 9, 2008

Started by frawin, April 09, 2008, 06:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Mother just called and let me know that Aunt Hope passed away today.  There will be a viewing at the funeral home in Fredonia on Friday evening and graveside services at the Longton cemetery at 11:00 A.M. on Saturday April 12.  At this time, I have no further information.  I am hoping that Lenora will put an obit in one of the newspapers.

Myrna

Ole Granny

Myrna and Frank,

Sorry about your Aunt Hope.  Our family continues prayers for your families.  You have had a rough week of it.
Please extend my symapthy to your Mother.

Alice
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

Thanks, ole granny, we appreciate your concern and prayers.  She has been in failing health for several years, but
lived a long life.  She would have been 94 next month.

Myrna

Bonnie M.

Myrna, I didn't know that Hope was your Aunt!  How are you related?  I keep in touch with Lenora, and received the e-mail from her yesterday, saying that her Mother had died.  I'm sorry that I won't be there for the services.  Tell Lenora "Hi" for me!
Bonnie

frawin

Bonnie Myrna isn't here right now so I will answer your question, Hope was/is a sister to Myrna's Mother.
Frank

Diane Amberg

My goodness, another passing? How sad, but as you said, a good long life. My condolences and prayers for you all.

Bonnie M.

Thanks, Frank.  I just didn't know that!
Bonnie

patyrn

Hope Hayden, age 93, passed away Wednesday, April 9, 2008 at the Riverview Manor Nursing Home in Oxford, Kansas.  Hope was born on May 9, 1914 in Elk Falls, Kansas, the daughter of William Everett and Ethel (Morris) Green. 

Hope attended school in Elk Falls, Kansas.  She married Louis Frank on November 4, 1937 in Howard, Kansas and they divorced in 1958.  On April 9, 1961, Hope married Max Hayden in Howard, Kansas and they lived in LaFontaine, Kansas until 1982, and then they moved to Rose Hill, Kansas.  Max preceded her in death in December 1991.  In 1996, Hope moved to Oxford, Kansas.

She is survived by one daughter, Lenora McCulley of New Braunfells, Texas; one stepdaughter, Charlotte Erbe of Thayer, Kansas; two stepsons, Don Hayden of Rose Hill, Kansas and Alfred Hayden of Perryton, Texas; one sister, Irene Buffalow of Howard, Kansas, several grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren, and several nieces and nephews.  Hope was preceded in death by her husband Max Hayden, her parents, a brother Wayne Green, a sister Nina Cambridge, and one stepson Bill Hayden.

Graveside funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 11, 2008 at the Longton Cemetery, Longton, Kansas.  Visitation will be Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Countryside Funeral Home, 420 S. 20th, Fredonia, Kansas.  The family suggests contributions to the Riverview Manor Nursing Home in Oxford, Kansas and may be sent to Countryside Funeral Home, P.O. Box 247, Fredonia, KS  66736.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas  67349.

frawin

Thanks to all for your condolences and also for remembering my mother with cards.  It was chilly and VERY windy today, but considering how cool and windy it was and also that Aunt Hope had been gone from Elk County for several years, there was a nice group at the service.

Myrna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk