Purpose Driven Life

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, March 05, 2008, 06:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

I was just wondering if anyone has read the book Purpose Driven Life?  I am currently reading it and truly enjoy it.  I would like to discuss things along the way with someone and thought what better place than the forum.  So if you have read it or want to read it along with me, just email me.  Thanks Angie
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Lookatmeknow!!

You are who you are for a reason.
You're part of an intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.

You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what he wanted to make.

The parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.

No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shaped your heart
so that into his likeness you'd grow.

You are who you are for a reason.
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are, beloved,
Because there is a God!!

Russell Kelfer

Mom70x7

The Methodist church in town has had two studies on "The Purpose Driven Life."

One was a couple of years ago, when Donald and Cheryl Martin lived here.
I didn't go to that one at all.

The other was last year - a video series with Pastor Paul Lee.
I attended some of the sessions, but not all.

There were several people, including some forum members, who have attended one or the other - more than I have.

Lookatmeknow!!

This book is really interesting.  I like books that challenge me.  By that I mean challenge my mind, that make me think.  This book does just that.  I like it because it makes me look at my life and see why I am living the way that I am.  I feel that I have a good life, but do I follow God's purpose for my life?  Not like I should.  I like that it helps you obtain the spritual need that everyone needs in their life.  I can't wait to get further in the book.

Lookatmeknow!!

I was reading more of this book last night.  I have a hard time just reading one chapter at a time.  I want more and more of it, but I am sticking to one chapter a night like they suggest.  I also have been doing much better at reading it before I go to bed.  It makes me think about things.  Last night while reading it, they were discussing the death of Jesus.  I just couldn't get that out of my head.  Christ used his own son to save all of us!!  What would you do if he ask you to kill one of your children?  That is what I kept thinking last night.  What would I do?  I truly don't know if I could do it.  Christ did this out of love for us.  So we could all have everlasting life!!  That is the biggest sacrefic (spelling not right) that he could give to us!!  He did this out of love and kindness for us.  I am learning alot about my life, and walk with Christ.  My life seems so much different now.  I am seeing things in a new light.  It is a very good book!!  I am truly enjoying the spritual growth that it is giving me!!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk