ElDorado Oil Fields..

Started by Teresa, April 12, 2008, 11:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

This is the Eldorado oil fields.

( don't know the dates)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

Teresa, that is an interesting picture.  Reminds me of some of the pictures I have seen of the Kilgore, Texas early day fields.  This is a side note, but since I have had relatives that have worked in the Augusta and ElDorado refineries, and I have worked in the oil industry for many years, I am always glad to see old pictures of the industry.  I worked at Reda Pump for several years, both in Bartlesville, OK and Midland, TX - I thought I would mention that the first Reda Pump was installed in a well in nearby Burns, KS.  Phillips was also contributor in that first venture.  Mr. Arutunoff was quite a gentleman, I had the priviledge of knowing him very casually, as he was still involved with the company at the time I was in the Bartlesville facility.  Incidently, REDA stood for Russian Electrical Dynamo Arutunoff.  He was the inventor of the downhole submergible pump and was a Russian immigrant.  Schlumberger now owns the company.

Myrna

flo

Marcia, too bad Floyd (Lewis' father) isn't still living - he worked in these oil fields and could probably tell you exactly where these were at.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk