Of Course She Did

Started by W. Gray, April 03, 2008, 06:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Fox news is reporting that today, Bill Clinton told an audience the following story.

When Hillary Rodham graduated from college, she went down to the Army recruiting office and tried to enlist in the Army.

According to Bill, she was rejected because of her eyesight.

I have read a few books on this woman and I do not ever recall reading about this.

Many, most, or even all politicians will say anything to get elected, but this story may  take the cake.

Maybe she was wanting to join John Kerry in his riverboat....

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Jo McDonald

Ohhhh my word  I am laughing out loud at your post, Waldo ---- that is the best one yet.  Maybe she did and that is what John Kerry was referring to when he sang his own praises about all of his heroics in VietNam  ha ha ha ha

That post just made my day !!!  :D :D :D :D
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

And so the long-awaited tax returns are duly dumped late on a Friday afternoon, when the media's busy remembering MLK. Here's a snapshot but you're better off with the summary at her campaign site, where the individual returns are posted.

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/feature/returns/

2000-2007 Returns
Feds Taxes Paid: $33.7 million
Charity: $10.2 million
Her Senate Salary: $1,051,606
His Presidential Pension: $1,217,250
Her Book Income: $10,457,083
His Book Income: $29,580,525
His Speech Income: $51,855,599

Laughing all the way to the bank......

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

As best I can remember, a military recruiting station does not reject people based on eyesight or any other medical deficiency. Things might have changed from my experience, but these procedures would have been applicable to the time Bill says Hillary tried to enlist.

Who knows, maybe she wanted to be a sniper.

Back then, once the individual signed on the dotted line with the recruiter, they were given a date to report to a centralized armed forces joint induction center. There they joined a number of other recruits for all the services. This station could be many miles away and there could be up to 200 men coming on the same day.

At the joint induction center, the recruit(s) were given a battery of tests and underwent a medical exam. A recruit hangs around that induction center while all the scores are compiled, medical tests completed, etc. At the end of the day, a person can be rejected for medical reasons or for scoring too low on the administered tests.

After a recruit passes the tests they are then administered an oath. Just before given the oath, a recruit can back out if he/she desires. During the days of the draft, however, there was no backing out for the draftee.

A draftee went straight to the induction center without going to the recruiting office. At the day I was inducted, there were 195 draftees and 5 recruits.

A draftee could purposely score low on intelligence and aptitude tests and be rejected: no questions asked.

I sat next to one draftee who said to me there was no way he was going to pass the test. He did not. In the afternoon, after the scores were calculated, they called his name and told him to leave. He left with a big smile on his face. There were others who left for scoring too low, also. One has to be a flat out dummy to fail on his own. I could tell the Sergeant knew what was going on but there was no way they could legally prove misconduct.

After the oath, a newbe was shipped to their boot camp or training station. In my case, it was Army by bus, Navy and Marines by rail, and Air Force by air.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Roma Jean Turner

;) Yeah, like if this was true, they would have been using it a long time ago.

W. Gray

During most of the Vietnam War, draftees were for the Army. However, at the time I processed through the armed forces induction station in Kansas City, all the services needed draftees.

Draftees and recruits were instructed to report by 7:30 am for testing, medical testing, etc. The induction center had a huge waiting room filled with magazines, newspapers, overstuffed chairs, sofas, and pinball machines so enlisting recruits and draftees could kill time while waiting for test score compilation, etc. It was the old adage "hurry up and wait."

Draftees did not know what service they would be entering but most assumed it would be the Army. Some thought the better they did on the tests; they would automatically be placed in the Navy or Air Force, rather than the Marines and Army.

195 of the 200 men processed that day were draftees. Most became listless just waiting.

At the time, the Women's Army Corps was still around and I do not know how women were processed.

By 6:00 pm a good many men were going stir crazy and were hungry. The induction station served lunch but did not serve dinner. After swearing in, each man received a transportation ticket and a meal ticket. The meal ticket was good in many civilian restaurants, train station restaurants, bus station restaurants, etc.

About 6:30 pm, a grisly master sergeant walked in and blew a whistle. He shouted for all draftees to line up in four lines. Many of the draftees were eager to do something so most promptly complied—it was a response that some soon regretted.

After all were lined up, the master sergeant started down one line counting. When he got to the 17th man, he told that group to move to another room. As they departed, he shouted, "You men are in the Marines Corps!" Most did not like what had just happened and started to argue--but to no avail.

The master sergeant counted the next batch and said, "You men are in the Navy." After the next batch, he said, "You men are in the Air Force." Then he advised everyone left was in the Army.

I think I mentioned this once before but sometime during that same day, a sergeant called out my name and asked that I come with him. I thought I was in some kind of trouble but had no idea why. He took me to a naval officer's office. The Navy officer was a stranger to me but he said he noticed my name and wanted to know where I was from.

I cannot recall his name, but he was from Howard, Kansas. He knew my uncle and, as it turned out, my uncle knew him. We had quite a lengthy conversation.

Later that evening, he swore me into the Army.

Jo McDonald

Waldo, I confess to REALLY LIKING your posts.  They are so interesting to read.  Thanks from another Howardite!!
BTW  how would Bill Clinton know ANYTHING about getting in to the armed services -- when he high tailed it out of the United States so he couldn't be inducted into our armed forces?  The coward -- and top notch liar !!  How he got elected president with his disloyalty to the United States is beyond me.

And NOW we are having to endure the B-LADY   God Help Us !!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk