Recycling

Started by Tobina+1, April 03, 2008, 01:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Please point me in the right direction if this has been discussed before...
Does anyone have any good, clever ideas for recycling?  How to recycle in areas of limited space.  What type of containers to use to store recycling.  Clever ways to conceal recycle containers.  Anything?  I'd like to start to do more recycling, but our kitchen is so limited on space for containers.  We don't really have a broom closet, and my trash can is not even in a good location.

Also, has anyone ever thought about doing a recycle pick-up service?  I know they have the recycle bins in town sometimes, but I wonder if more people would recycle if someone came to their door or picked it up from the curb?  Even in rural areas, this might be a nice service.

I'm anxious to hear everyone's ideas and thoughts!

momof 2boys

I have become a recycling junkie!! I am literally addicted!  I started first with aluminum cans.  I have my family trained to rinse them out, and set them on the counter to dry-out.  Then they smash them and place them in the container I have located in my laundry room.  The container is simply a plastic trashcan that we use only for cans.  This worked so well I move on to plastics. We do them just like the cans, except we have to check to ensure that it is the right type of plastic.  I believe they take those labeled 1 and 2.  I have the plastic recycle can in the laundry room right beside the aluminum recycling can, and a box that I put newspapers and magazines in to recycle.  I have cut my trash down tremendously!   I feel great that I am helping out the environment, and sharing with my children the importance of taking care of our planet.  I have gotten to the point where I can not for the life of me throw any product into the trashcan that can either be recycled or decomposes.  My husband has a new project and that is to build me a compost bin. 

I recommend recycling to everyone.  It takes a little extra effort than throwing items into the trashcan, but our planet is in a desperate situation and it is up to us to find ways to heal it.

pam

I just bought some cheap charlie garbage cans at the dollar sore and put them at the end of the house. They have lids so the rain doesn't get in and when they get full haul em to town to the recycling center. Towns like 23 miles away tho so discovered it's a good idea to duck tape the lids so they don't blow off lol
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk