Good Night All

Started by flo, April 01, 2008, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Hasn't this been beautiful?  Well, except for the wind.  My apple trees are in full bloom, the lilacs will be soon.  Is anyone planting anything?

Ms Bear

My blackberries are loaded with blooms, just hope I get some berries this year.  The rest of the yard is needing a lot of attention, noticed two irises in bloom yesterday.

sixdogsmom

Wilma, I do agree that it has been gorgeous today, wind and all. I spent all afternoon outdoors, cleaned out a long neglected flowerbed, and replanted it with an azalea, some iris, lillies, and a package of strawberries. I topped it all off with a scattering of wildflower seed. So something should grow out of all that mess. I have a helper coming tomorrow to get the abundance of trees out of the eastside yard. We cleared the rest of the yard two springs ago until he started having problems with a kidney stone. So we have a goodly amount of little trees to get out tomorrow. I will be happy to get that done. Last year, I didn't get much done, it seems kind of foggy to me. I was still in shock I think. Also, anti-depressants aren't all they are cracked up to be, I am still trying to get past some of the side effects. Digging in the dirt helps, believe me. Happy spring everybody!  :D
Edie

frawin

We've had lots of wind here; but, we have been working in the yard and getting the patio flowers ready since last Friday.  My tulips, hyacythins, wild violets and border iris are very pretty right now.  I spent all day Saturday potting new annuals, and moving some flowers that we decided needed to be some place else.  Frank planted 7 new Knockout roses for me(I made a  correction it was 7 not 5), and also planted more tomatoes, several different colors of bell peppers and banana peppers.

We haven't gotten the patio furniture moved onto the patio yet, but will shortly and he will put the patio lights up.  It just takes a lot of time.

I also have some herbs out and need to pick up a few more.  Have several hanging baskets on the patio, so when they get larger and some start blooming, it will be pretty once again.  Things that I was used to getting early, come in quite a bit later here, so it is hard to wait on some of the plants that I want.  The cannas and hardy hybiscus are coming through the ground now, and the clematis is budded.  The pear tree were pretty and now the redbud is in bloom.   At any rate, it is starting to feel like spring here once again.
Myrna

Diane Amberg

Our lilacs and wisteria are just beginning to peek, the tulips are tops and the later daffys look good,but then again we have frost warnings for tonight so I don't dare do too much yet. Oh, I was sorry to hear you folks lost a fire fighter to a field fire in the  Peru area on Sunday. I'm afraid he was too old to be chasing burning grass. 

Wilma

Diane, I have to agree with you, but sometimes you just can't get them to quit.  We had a not so old man die as the result of fighting fire while we were living in Severy.  He was just out of the hospital and wouldn't listen to anyone telling him he shouldn't be in the smoke.  Now my husband was a little wiser.  After spending some time in the hospital with bronchial pneumonia he decided he would be better off staying away from the smoke, so he stayed on the radio and helped where he could.

Wilma

Myrna, tell me about the Knockout roses.  I think I want some.  How tall do they get and how much do they spread out?

sixdogsmom

I forgot to mention the pretty little crab apple tree at the very foot of the backyard. It was a mark-down at one of the farm stores, a whole dollar one hot August afternoon. It is paying me back this year with each branch a fully five inches around with white blossoms; an extension of the gorgeous pear season we had. All the trees are perfection this spring, I even saw some apricots in full blossom, they usually get bitten. Myrna, I am envious of your yard man. Sounds like you have a beautiful yard.
Edie

frawin

Quote from: Wilma on April 13, 2010, 07:13:01 PM
Myrna, tell me about the Knockout roses.  I think I want some.  How tall do they get and how much do they spread out?
Wilma, here is a great website for information on the Knockout Roses. We really like them , they are easy to maintain and are really heat tolerant  and stand the cold .
Myrna

http://www.conard-pyle.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/koplants.splash

Warph

"For lo the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth;
the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land"
(Song of Songs 2:11-12)

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk