WHERE'S the FIRE???

Started by Wilma, April 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Another fire today.  This one is out east by the highway, the residence of Vincent Nelson.  Son-in-law says it was lightening.

bowie boy

''If guns kill people, I can blame misspelled words on my pencil'' - Larry The Cable Guy

Marcia Moore

Did they get the Nelson fire put out quickly?

Wilma

I don't know.  Why do you ask?

Marcia Moore

I've known Vince for many years, and was hoping their house did not receive severe damage.  His wife's health is bad, too - I think she is in a wheelchair.   

Teresa

No structure damage. They got it in time before it flared up .. ( I think)

I''ll get that oldest Cookson boy on it tomorrow and he can give us the scoop... LOL
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

DanCookson

Sorry about the delay in information.....Busy weekend followed by busy fire day with low sleep!!

Fire #1--Residence of the late Waldo and Jean Gray.  Rear addition of house was engulfed in flame upon arrival, fire then burned through main structure but was contained before burning further and causing structure to collapse.  Many of the contents had already been removed, as John Gray is planning an auction and trying to inventory some of the items in the garage.  Nobody got hurt and that is the good part.  Bad news is our town lost another house :(

Fire #2--Lightning struck a transformer behind Toot's and sent a power surge to the home of Vince Nelson.  Electrical damage and typical things associated with lightning strikes.  No fire luckily, but some cable tv and telephone work!!

Teresa

Thanks Honey..........

((Mama can still make those boys "hop to it" ))   ;D
occasionally..  :-\
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

We left Howard about 45 minutes after the siren went off.

Turning north at Chestnut and Adams, it looked like one fire truck and an emergency vehicle with red lights on were stopped on Chestnut between Adams and Jefferson. Was anything going on there?  This could have been my night vision playing tricks on me since John Gray's house is a couple blocks further south.

Gee Whiz, Wilma, Janet did not call me and tell me there was no tornado.

We were all headed to the basement when the siren stopped.

We had a family reunion on Sunday and then visited until bedtime. We were unaware there was a tornado watch but I was sure it was a tornado when the sirens went off based on the extremely ugly weather we saw on the way in.

We were planning on leaving at 7:00 am but after the excitement, we decided to leave early.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

Do you mean that Howard is too exciting for you to take?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk