Joyland

Started by W. Gray, October 05, 2007, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Has anyone heard if Joyland will be making a comeback after the new and much hyped Wild West World lasted only two months this summer?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

I haven't heard anything about it...
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I haven't heard anything about Joyland, but I thought it was closed down, too.  Not sure.

flo

last I heard about joyland, it was in a big law suit also.  Something about buyers making changes that the sellers didn't approve of, and it wasn't fully paid for yet or some such a thing and it was repossessed - who knows
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Roma Jean Turner

I was looking forward to going to the Wild West thing, I didn't even know it had opened, let alone already gone down the tubes. 

W. Gray

Wild West World opened in May and closed in July.

Prior to May, I thought the main thing keeping the troubled Joyland from opening again was the shadow of the impending opening of Wild West World. There was a lot of boorah prior to the Wild West World opening.

Joyland has been around since 1949 and there would seem to be a market for some kind of amusement park in Wichita. There has been no interest in someone taking over Wild West World so maybe Joyland will have a rebirth.

Roy Rogers moved to Branson. Hopalong Cassidy moved to about fifteen miles east of Wichita. I think Wild West World and Hopalong Cassidy were looking to complement one another.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Tobina+1

According to the news last night, the closing of Wild West World is now official.  The courts granted rights to one of the companies who sold the ride to the park to go in and reposses the rides.  I think there was another company who was trying to get funding to reopen it, but couldn't ever get enough money.

W. Gray

Wild West World has been sold for $2 million.

The original cost was $30m. when it opened in 2007. It closed after two months due to bankruptcy and perhaps some financial improriieties.

The new owners hope to have it started before the end of this season.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk