The Power Of Thank YOu!!

Started by sixdogsmom, March 28, 2008, 04:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

This didn't happen at my house, but . . . it's a little hard to teach "table" manners eating in front of the TV.  One thing I insisted when we were raising our girls is you eat at the table as a family.  I still eat at the table, even if I am alone.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

I still eat at the table, too, Flo, mainly because this old lady doesn't want to spill anything on the carpet.  Besides, I can see the TV from the table.

sixdogsmom

Hmmm---LOL! I think we roamed a bit here, from saying Thank you when accepting someones' money to table manners. Certainly manners are important, and a pleasant demeanor is important! I do not think I could ever be accused of being an unpleasant person. The question is however, would it not make living in Elk County much more pleasant and profitable if folks who deal with the public are trained to be pleasant, have eye contact with the customer, consumer, or patron, and to always, always say thank you when the transaction is complete? No matter who they are? I'm with Wilma here; I will make extra effort to transact business with someone who treats me well. And I tend to avoid those who treat me with unpleasentness. Soooooo---- when I need a lof of bread; guess where I will go??  ::) ::)
Edie

flo

ok, I'll guess. . .  ::)Family Market? P&J's? neighbors?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

Well I go to my cupboard and get the flour down and start mixing.. then I bake the bread and then i eat the bread..
And even if no one helps me.. I STILL share the bread.. ( unlike The Little Red Hen)  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

greatguns

Excuse me for roaming!  Please forgive me.  Thank you.    I'll try to keep from speaking.

sixdogsmom

Oh Sally, I didn't mean to injure your feelings! I was trying to make the point that folks are always trying to keep shopping  and services in Elk County, and saying thank you is one way to do that! It is very cost effective, and these folks have an advantage over their large city counterparts. They can, and often do know the person with whom they are having a transaction. Wouldn't it behoove the managers of all businesses, service industries and public offices to do a little customer relations brush-up? It couldn't hurt; might help the ones who have poor customer attitudes and improve the ones already proficient. I totally agree that good manners begin at home with children. But since that time has passed for the grown-ups who are working, the training should now come from the managers of these establishments. Maybe this discussion will filter down to the people involved. Hope so! I won't name names or places, except for the folks that have done an outstanding job in my opinion. I have already done that in another post. So forgive me if I stepped on your toes Sally, I have always enjoyed your posting and look forward to seeing you post again.
Edie

Ole Granny

After viewing a few jobs online, I noticed Kohl's in their job description for all their employees, states that customers are to be spoken to if eye contact is made.  Does not matter what the employee is doing, employee is to connect to the customer.  I'm sure many more companies are the same way but depends on how proactive the stores continue.  I have always enjoyed the contact with customers even the ones that are not so happy.  You never know for sure what that person has had on their plate.

I was in a department store a couple of weeks ago and had a long conversation with am unknown lady (to me).  I learned her life history and about the death of her precious dog.  She was buying a picture frame for a photo of her dog who had been gone for two years.  Someone had sent her a picture of her and the dog that they had come across.  She was so happy and sad.  Just needed someone to talk to and I filled the void she was experiencing. Luckily, I was not in a hurry and really did not need to purchases anything.  By the time I left, I was behind in my plans but another day would take care of them. 
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

Granny, your Dad and your Mother always took time to visit and listen and make people feel like they cared. I think you are alot like them and that is a compliment.
Frank

Wilma

Sally, you weren't the only one that roamed.  I did, too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk