High School Class Motto

Started by archeobabe, March 24, 2008, 09:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archeobabe

How many of you remember your high school motto?  My H G class motto "Sweeter than Hell, Going to Heaven, We're the Class of '67"  I graduated from the Severy High School. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

archeobabe

Quote from: archeobabe on March 24, 2008, 09:19:57 AM
How many of you remember your high school motto?  My H G class motto "Sweeter than Hell, Going to Heaven, We're the Class of '67"  I graduated from the Severy High School. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
To be honest, to be kind - to earn a little and to spend a little less, to make upon the whole a family happier for his presence, to renounce when that shall be necessary and not be embittered, to keep a few friends, but these without capitulation - above all, on the same grim condition, to keep friends with himself - here is a task for all that a man has of fortitude and delicacy - Robert Louis Stevenson

patyrn

Our motto from Howard High School 1967 was "When in doubt, DON'T".

flo

I graduated from Severy High School in 1958 and we took things a lot more serious, evidently.   Our class motto was "Impossible is Un-American". Yes, folks, this year we celebrate 50 yrs. and the committee has been working since October 2007 on our class reunion and we will also host the 2008 Alumni Banquet.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Buddyboy

Unofficially, "Gentlemen and Sexy Ladies, we're the class of 1980." Can't remember the official one. Anyone else from that class? I graduated from West Elk.

flo

Buddyboy, I'm not sure who you are, but my youngest, Lynn, graduated in your class.  I called her to see what the correct wording is, and she laughed.  Said she'd have to think on it, been too many years.  When she, or I, remember, we'll post it for you.  Meantime, if you come up with it, let us know.  ;D

Buddyboy

I'm Scotty Zollars. Yep, the alias is blown....HA! Would that be Lynn Smith?

flo

It would - -  and let me add that I am not responsible for everything that she done while in high school  :-\ a few things which I have found out about AFTER she grew up  ;D

Joanna

Ours was "For every door that closes, another opens"   :-\ Kind of esoteric, but I didn't pick it.
1980 in Eureka 8)  Now, I've told you all before to stop that booing! :P I grew up in Eureka and look how great I turned out! ;D

greatguns

"The value of a Man is seen in what he gives and not what he receives."  Leon High School  Class of 1969.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk