OBAMA/REV WRIGHT

Started by flo, March 18, 2008, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

My opinion on that is this, no one should put race in their election.  I agree with you both on this.  Why vote for someone because they say they are for your race or with your race?  We don't even need the word race in the election.  What we need are honest people doing honest things for America and Americans.  Not transplants from a different country.  I hate the fact that Obama is even running.  I know he is an American, but come on.  I feel we will be in a world of hurt with either Clinton or Obama. 
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Teresa

Obama TRIES To Explains National Anthem Stance  - This  Lt General has it right.

Subject: Obama Explains National Anthem Stance On Sat,
22 Mar 2008 18:48:04 -0400, "LTG Bill Ginn" USAF ret forwarded:

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag
pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why
he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides."

Obama said. "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem it self conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it."

"I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." - Barack Obama.

If someone had told me 64 years ago, as I was roaring down the runway
in the most beautiful airplane in the world, that I would see our country subjected to one of the most
disgusting Presidential elections imaginable, I would have told them they were crazy as hell....

What in the world have we come to?

Obama wants to be the leader of the American Military.   

What a Joke!!!!
!!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

sixdogsmom

Go ahead and follow up the snopes site on this subject. Read the entire snopes article, it is opposite of what this 'man' says.
Edie

Mom70x7

I wasn't going to comment, I wasn't going to comment, I wasn't going to comment, but . . .

If you read the Snopes story, and watch the video on that site, you'll see several photographers taking pictures.
Why don't they have their hands over their hearts?
I really believe if you're not going to follow the rules, you shouldn't gripe when others don't either.

And then I researched the "I like to teach the world to sing" quote and found this:
http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?p=315194

In the middle of that page, there's this posting:
Just so you know, while I don't doubt that these words could've come from Barak Hussein Obama, in this particular case this quote comes from the pen of John Semmens, a satirical writer for the Arizona Conservative newspaper.
Here's the whole piece. The Obama quote is at the end.
If you look through his archives, there's some good stuff:

http://www.azconservative.org/Semmens118.htm

Okay, 'nuf said for now.

flo

Barak WHAT  :o O'Bama -  that alone should tell people something.  ::) wonder what name he was given when his mother gave birth to him. Anyone know?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

sixdogsmom

Okay, everybody give their middle name!! We'll see if it passes muster!! LOLOLOL!!!  ;D ;D ;D You first Flo!
Edie

pam

All real or made-up accusations aside, read his body language. He's arrogant, he's tellin everybody what he thinks they want to hear, he's doin what he thinks it will take to get stupid people to elect him president. Once he's elected we'll have four or more years to regret it.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

momof 2boys

We have had a true lesson on arrogant presidents the past 8 years. 

As far as standing with hand on heart.  Throw me to the fire, because I have been guilty of this.  I have always stood at attention to the flag, and I feel  that true Patriotic feeling when the anthem plays; however, I did not know that the protocol was to place my hand on my heart.  I am sure I am not the only to have made this mistake.  Shame, Shame on me!!!  I can't be President now.  lol ;D

pam

Geez, Dad would've give me a whuppin if I act now the way people do to the flag, I still stand up, put my hand over my heart AND take my hat off if I'm wearin one, and it still kinda shocks me when other people don't. I may disagree with some of the stuff the government does but the flag isn't the government, it's a symbol of all the men and women who have fought down the line for my freedom to disagree with the government and I'm not gonna disrespect them by disrespectin it. If Obama is goin to be president he ought to think about that.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

Snopes shows Obama not only with his hand over his heart during the flag salute, but also leading the pledge of allegiance on the senate floor, and taking the pledge to the senate with his hand on the bible. I was taught in school that you crossed your heart during the pledge, but stood at attention only when the anthem was played. I guess that whole school was unamerican!

At least Senator Obama has not been out and out lying to make himself look better. He presents himself as a proud man who is proud of who he is and where he comes from. He has a right to be proud. A generation ago, he would not be running for president. He is intelligent, knows how to pronounce nuclear, has respect for women, and wants respect for everyone. I cannot believe that a gentelman should be criticized and seen as arrogant. He always pays his respects to his opponents both in his own and the other party. Good manners seem to have gone by the board these days.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk