Turkey Road just came across scanner

Started by Devyn-Leann, March 11, 2008, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Yes, I agree that some animals will live well into their old age and just die from old age.  It is wonderful that those animals have caring homes that can afford to feed them and care for them until they pass into the great pasture in the sky (that is Animal Welfare or Animal Stewardship).  Old, good horses are like old friends.

But, some horses are dangerous to keep around.  Some horses get mean as they get older.  Some horses were bred to be not-ridden or friendly (bucking horses).  Some horses are just allowed to breed freely and continue to expand the herd; completely un-inhibited.  It's those horses that can't be afforded to keep around.  Think of it this way... what would happen to the dog and cat population if vets and animal shelters weren't allowed to put animals to sleep anymore?  How would these animals be treated and how many rejected animals would be roaming the streets and countryside?  Unfortunately, that is what the horse industry is now facing.  There will be many more cases of neglect in the future, I fear.  This is what the Animal Right groups didn't think about when petitioning and picketing lawmakers.  (BTW, I don't know the exact amount or what it takes, but I've heard that putting a horse "down" can be a very long, expensive process.  They take way more drugs and it takes a longer time for the drugs to take affect.  So I don't think that's a viable answer to the problem, either.)

As I stated before, it does sicken me to see the mistreatment of ANY animals.  (Refer to my apology in the Politics category about the inhumane treatment at the CA packing plant.)  I agree that there should have been something else done by this man; even just offering to give the animals away.  I think I remember that there was a similar issue in Eastern KS (Pratt area?) at a mini horse farm recently.  The news said something about "hoarding" animals and that it's almost like a disease?  I don't understand this; but I guess you can compare to poeple who hoard things in their houses (hmmm... another previous thread...???).

I hope that anyone who has the means to help take care of these animals steps up.  Even just taking a bale of hay to the vet clinic might help. 

Lookatmeknow!!

Ok, just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this situation in a while.  I think the guy had court on March 31.  I was just curious to see what happened.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Teresa

I heard through the grapevine that the days were numbered for the animals if they were not adopted out .
So I called Blacks vet office and was told that it is a legal matter and for me to call Doug Hanks.

So I did and he told me that NONE of the animals would be put down. They had a pretty good long list of people who wanted to adopt them.
And the ones that were left would be sold or given away ... but they would definitely have homes somehow.
The horses are property of Rainbow Meadows  form El Dorado I think he said..and if you want them , you will need to go through that company)
So that is good news that none of them .. no matter what....will be euthanized.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Devyn-Leann

Can somebody give me info on Rainbow Meadows? I'm sure we'd pay adoption fees or something like that...Does anyone know how something like that works?

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Lookatmeknow!!

This topic has been long lost but has anyone heard anymore about these animals??  I do know that the LLama (spelling) went to a LLama farm.  I know that the guy had court and they had a miss trial.  Something about he got sick.  I would get sick to if I was about ready to go to jail for a crime like this!!

flo

sorry - you don't get a mistrial because the defendant got sick.  It was maybe continued
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Lookatmeknow!!

That's just what I heard.  I would think not but????

LHINPA

I am wondering if anyone has heard anything about this case and these animals.  I have been trying to rescue the 8 week old cattle dog since March that was part of this hoarding case (he is now 7 months old).  There is so much paper work and legalities involved I am afraid this little guy will fall through the cracks.  Anyone know who to talk to regarding the where-abouts of this little guy and the other animals ...I would much appreciate it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk