Turkey Road just came across scanner

Started by Devyn-Leann, March 11, 2008, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

Bless you all for taking care of the animals and your neighbors.  I see some of these stories on Animal Planet and just cringe.  I just don't get these people who insist on having the animals and yet mistreating and starving them at the same time.  It is absolutely criminal and in some cases I think insane.  But whatever, decent people in a community should not have to be subjected to in their midst.

flo

I have been on this place during my employment with the school.  I can certainly suspect that the horses were starved and this whole bunch needs to be investigated as to the treatment of their animals and also the children that live there. Nuff said
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Lookatmeknow!!

I don't know about the tiger but you are right it probably starved.  I think that one of the little boys is in Parker's class and she told me this morning that they had a snake and it died from dehydration, she also said that they feed it, but come on you have to water animals as well as feed them.  I agree 100% with you Devyn, why get an animal if you can afford to take care of it.  What worries me is the kids in this situation, are the kids getting food or are they starving?  They need to be locked up and not fed for a while to see what it is like!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Teresa

I agree Angie..
I am form the old school.. harsh as it is.. but what you do to others.. should be done back to you 3 fold.

I know that IS Spirits rule... What goes around comes back around 3 fold..
but generally we don't get to witness it .. ( you know..for the satisfaction of actually seeing that justice is being done.)   )

I hope charges of animal cruelty is pressed by the authorities.. ( but ............ :-\
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Lookatmeknow!!

I am sure that alot of you know, but many don't.  They took alot of the animals from this place and placed them different places around the county and other counties.  I know that they man was arrested, not sure for what, but he did bond out.  I am wondering what they will do with these animals??  They had several mini ponies, Lamas, dogs, some cattle, and other things.  It is so sad that this happened.  If the man could bond out of jail, why couldn't he pay to feed his animals???  Jeff wants to try and adopt one of the mini ponies for the girls, not sure if I am happy about this, but I know that my girls would take good care of it.  I know that they would get feed and water.  If anyone hears anything about what they are going to do with the animals, would you please post it.  I am going to take to one of the vets in the county and also to Doug about this, to see if they are going to adopt out these animals.  Just thought you all might want to know!!

Teresa

Since I don't know who you all are talking about, I can't comment on to much.. but Angie.. you might want to call Mike and Jan Shelley. They might be interested in one of the ponies. They already have one and it might need a buddy his size. He has big horses to pal with.. but I really think that they might be interested. They have such soft hearts when it comes to stuff like this.

But the poor animals can't talk for themselves.. so they are just subject to whatever their owners do.  :( Sadness :(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Knut

:'(Hi!  Just can't keep quiet about this! For one reason or other, I hadn't "opened" the 'Turkey
Road' entry, as I wasn't sure of the topic.  Well ignorance is NOT bliss! Linda & I
are certified animal lovers!!  We have three dogs, our BBBL, a beautiful Pomeranian
Terrier cross [looks just like Benji in the movie], and a Laso Apso budle of energy.
Enough bragging. We treat these animals with respect, dignity, like family, no stupid
tricks that , in our opinion, de-means them, they're very intelligent.
Yesterday in church, my mind wandered to a place, of all places a large city animal
shelter, I was there to get a puppy! Of course I wanted to take them ALL home! There
were hundreds of the cutest----------If I didn't take one, I knew the rest would likely
be euthanized, and I thought "how unfair! A crime punishable by death because???" It
wasn't long before I needed to wipe some tears and snapped back, the thought still
haunts me, and will for some time!  I only share this to allow all of us to realize
that this goes on and on but we don't stop and think about it.  Sure makes the idea
of 'spaying' & 'neutering' take on a whole new importance. Our BBBL and Pom/Terrier
have been "fixed" The Laso Apso will be this week.  For the curious among you, BBBL
is a Big Beautiful Black Labrador.
Yes, I pray that what Teresa suggests shall be applied here! Amen.

Lookatmeknow!!

Just an update on this matter.  I have just seen the Kake 10 news van over at the vet clinic in Howard.  They are doing a piece about this matter.  The is also a write up on KSN.com about the news.  The guy is Billy Camp, and he was charged with animal cruelty, I think it said 10 counts.  I hope that he gets what he deserves.  He is a sick individual that has no business with animals at all.  It just breaks my heart that these poor animals had to be put through this.  And look at the kind of coverage that Elk County gets out of the deal.  Some loser who doesn't know how to take care of animals.  I hope that people know that.

This is copied from the ksn.com page.

ELK COUNTY, Kansas, March 19, 2008 – An investigation by the Elk County Sheriff's Office has led to a large seizure of animals located in the northern part of the county in what could only be described as "animal hoarding."

On March 13, 2008, the sheriff's department seized 11 miniature horses, one pony, three full-sized horses, four donkeys, six llamas, five great pyranees-mix breed dogs, five smaller dogs and puppies, three sheep, two goats, four cats, two turkeys, seven head of cattle including two Scottish Highlander cattle, one chicken and two prairie dogs. The animals were all in various stages of neglect.

Deputies also found the carcasses of four horses, numerous fowl, one dog, "a pile of dead goats" being fed upon by dogs. All of those animals were found to be in emaciated condition.

Officers say the horses found were in such bad condition they aren't sure they will be able to recover.

The animals seized are all in the Sheriff's custody.

Ten charges of cruelty to animals have been filed against Billy G. Claycamp and Susan Lyles in connection with the incident. Additional charges are possible pending further assessment of the surviving animals.

Stay with KSN for more developments.

This is one sick individual or couple how ever you look at it.

sixdogsmom

Wasn't there someone who posted a missing great pyranees dog awile back?
Edie

Roma Jean Turner

there was, but I can't remember who.  I hope they see this, that may be where their dog ended up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk