MOORE, Ardis Nadine (Cox) - b. January 3, 1918 - d. March 7, 2008

Started by Bonnie M., March 07, 2008, 10:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

I'm not sure how many of you might have known Ardis Moore, from Longton.  Her son, Kim, called me this evening to tell me that she passed away this evening.  Everett & Ardis were life time residents of the Longton area.  Their son, Kim, was very active in the community.  Moores were our very good "life time" friends.

I'll be flying into Tulsa on Sunday, and will drive to Longton to spend a week, and be with Kim and the family for the funeral.  Kim didn't know this evening when the funeral would be held, but it will be at the Longton United Methodist Church.
Bonnie

Bonnie M.

Ardis's funeral will be at 1:30 p.m., on Tuesday, March 11, at the Longton United Methodist Church.
Bonnie

Wilma

Ardis Moore is being buried today in the Longton cemetery.  Funeral services at the Longton Methodist Church.  Has anyone seen an obituary other than the notice that was in the Wichita news?  She was listed under Hutchinson but Zimmerman was handling the arrangements.

Jo McDonald

Ardi's services will be today at 1:30 at the Longton UMC.  The reason for the Hutchison item is that Ardis has been living there as her son, Kim and his wife, live there and she has not been well for quite some time.  When she moved from Longton, that is where she chose to live.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

patyrn

I've been out of town and couldn't check the obituaries, so when I get all unpacked. I'll put Ardis's obituary on the Forum even though the services have already been held.  I'm sure some of her friends would like to read about her life.  What a sweet lady!

patyrn

Ardis Nadine Moore, 90, of Hutchinson, Kansas  and formerly of Longton, Kansas, died Friday, March 7, 2008 at Hospice House in Hutchinson.  She was born January 3, 1918 in Elk City, Kansas, the daughter of William Herman Cox Sr. and Ethel Belle Dickerman.  She graduated from Elk City High School and Independence Junior College.  Ardis taught rural school for a few years after college.

On June 15, 1940, Ardis was united in marriage to Everett L. Moore.  They were married for 49 years until his death on September 3, 1999.  Ardis was a homemaker and active community volunteer.  She was a member of the Longton United Methodist Church, Order of the Eastern Star, Longton Outlook Club, Women's Bible Study, Friendly Fourteen Club, Bridge Club, and Longton Senior Center. 

Ardis is survived by one son, Kim and his wife Cindy of Hutchinson, Kansas; three grandchildren, Carrie Moore Grieme of Ashland, Illinois, Michael Moore of Omaha, Nebraska, and Amanda Moore Keller of Wichita, Kansas; one brother, Bill Cox of Redlands, California; one sister-in-law, Lola Mae Cox of Belle Plaine, Kansas; and several nieces and nephews.  She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Everett, an infant daughter Kathy Ann, and one brother, Warren Cox.

Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 11, 2008, at the Longton United Methodist Church with Rev. Pat Ault-Duell officiating.  Interment wll follow at the Longton Cemetery.  The family suggests memorial contributions to the Longton United Methodist Church or the Longton Senior Center and can be mailed to Countryside Funeral Home, P.O. Box 247, Fredonia, KS  66736.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com   Arrangements are being handled by Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas. 

(take from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Judy Harder

I attended Ardis' funeral and it was a lovely service.

This lady is sure going to be missed. I was blessed to know her and her husband Evertt.......
they made me feel so good when with them.

I ran into Empty Nest and BonnieM there.......sure would be nice
if we could have a small get together while Bonnie is here.

I think she has plans for most of the week, she can't leave to go home till
the 17th.

She is at the Silver Bell Motel.

AOYP
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

frawin

Judy was the Everett Moore that was her husband the Everett Moore that ran the old Racehorse Baldy for years on the local tracks..
Frank

Judy Harder

frank,

I don't know about that. I wouldn 't think so.
I do know he use to  be a banker at Longton and also played
a mean bass guitar and piano.

We were in the church choir together when I joined his church.
We need an older Longtonite, Like Bonnie to tell us.

Evertt was my image of a very good person, male or female and I was  very proud to know him.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

frawin

Judy, my wife reminded me that the Everett Moore you were talking about was not the Moore that had the old Race Horse, "Old Baldy". The Moore I was talking about lived at Busby. Thanks
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk