No school on Fridays

Started by indygal, March 05, 2008, 06:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

QuoteI am not to sure if I would have liked to walk miles to school, but you know what I am sure that if I would have had to I would have.

Angie -

I walked a mile to school in my freshman and sophomore years - carrying my trombone most days.
It sure got heavy!

I was so glad when we moved again, because school was only 5 blocks away.
And . . . some days I got to drive the spare family car.

But . . .

I didn't mind walking to school - and I think most of the people that have posted it about didn't mind either.
That's because it was part of our lives. Everyone (or nearly everyone) walked, especially if we lived in town.

flo

OMG I had completely forgotten about the last day of school covered dish dinner.  What an exciting day.  When I was in upper grades and early high school after the dinner it was off to the "ford" or "raidroad bridge" for the first swim of the season by usually a very large group of kids.  (by the way, we usually walked and it was considerably more than 2 mi.) ;D ;D ;D Lynne, has these ramblings answered your question about whether there would be school tomorrow?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

indygal

Just popping in to say thanks for (sort of) clearing that up for me! LOL Seriously, you've been a great help!

MarineMom

Quote from: flo on March 06, 2008, 01:33:23 PM
;D ;D ;D but you got to ride the bus.  Most of us walked at least two miles, in the snow, up to our waists, wind blowing 75 miles a hour, and up hill both directions.  :-\ :'(  I was in the fifth grade before Severy got school buses; however, I lived in town so didn't get to ride the bus and we lived at the other end of town.

you forgot the hundred degree heat from the sun as you were walking up hill both ways in the snow :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

frawin

forgot about climbing in the snowdrifts and/or climbing on the piles of snow that the motor grader had made clearing the roads and falling in and worrying about getting out!

mlw

frawin

No, Bonnie, I went to school in northern Elk County!  The first grade was at Independence and the rest was at Upper Paw Paw.

Bonnie, your're probably not too much older than I am----anyway, Frank said I'm older than dirt!

Myrna

Jo McDonald

Remember, Myrna, God isn't making any more dirt -- so you tell Frank that you are a treasured commodity.   :laugh:
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Jodi, you need to get after her to then, she says I am older than rock and twice as hard headed.

Jo McDonald

Oops !!! I should never had logged on here   

Love ya' both and I don't think either of you are old ---Not yet anyway (speaking from experience ) :'( :'(
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Tobina+1

We lived 15 miles from town, so we had to ride the bus.  We were the 2nd riders to get on the bus, and we rode it for 1 hour 15-30 minutes before getting to school.  The buses had extended routes to decrease the number of buses needed, but it increased our riding time.  I think there's rules now that they have to let kids off to stretch if they ride longer than an hour.
When I was 14 and got my restricted license, it was a punishment to have to ride the bus.  It was also a punishment to have to take my younger siblings with me in the car.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk