Chores

Started by Devyn-Leann, March 03, 2008, 09:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Blast it !!! I typed for 10 or 15 minutes and when I got ready to post it, it disappeared off in cyber space.  Now I can't find  it...and I'm not going to go through all of that again, just now --- maybe another time.  sighhhhhhhhhhh 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Jo, I know what you mean!  That happened to me yesterday.

MLW

Lookatmeknow!!

I might have been a better house keeper if I had less of the modern stuff to help!!  What do you think???? :-\ :-\ :-\
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Bonnie M.

Jo, I'm glad to see your postings.  And, "I hate it" when we go to all of that work of typing what we want to say, then..."poof!"  It's gone!
Bonnie

Judy Harder

Quote from: angtown3 on March 06, 2008, 02:52:16 PM
I might have been a better house keeper if I had less of the modern stuff to help!!  What do you think???? :-\ :-\ :-\
Nah, you would have been just like me..........like a clean/neat house but HATE housework.

I have enjoyed all the remember when's today.
I must brag and say that I was not in your generation and altho it is nice to see how you all did it,
I am sure glad I was a city kid.

I do remember when we had an ice box (still call my refrigerator that) and had to walk about 1/2 a mile to school. My ex husband had an aunt and uncle who lived very rustic when I was first married.
Belle use to cook a full course meal on her wood range and made the best ham and beans and her coffee was just great.
I tried to make it like she did, but I think you must have a very seasoned coffee pot and the wood stove to go with it.

Thanks for sharing.[/b]
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Frank, I remember Mom's old Iron Rite. She did our sheets, pillow cases and tablecloths on it. (Al's mom had one also.) It stayed at home in the big kitchen until the place was sold in 2001.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk