Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jprxmkt

Quote from: frawin on September 17, 2008, 07:05:23 PM
The American Consumer should start demanding more goods made in America

What would Wal-mart sell?

pam

Oh now Sixdogsmom you know that's probably just a democratic conspiracy to make the big guys look bad.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

srkruzich

Quote from: frawin on September 18, 2008, 05:42:19 AM
Oct-08 Crude is trading at $99.50, up $2.34, Oct-08  Natural Gas is trading at $8.235, up $0.325, The EIA Natural Gas Storage Inventory comes out today, it will be interesting to see where the numbers are.

whats causing it to jump this time :(
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on September 18, 2008, 10:30:40 AM
This has gotten buried with all the bad news in the economy, but I thought it indicative of much business that is conducted between lobbyists and government. This all came about last week.
And this is important how??  Are we now into regulating what people do??
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

frawin

Steve, the dollar is going down in value which pushes crude up. All of our imported crude is purchased in dollars and when the dollar drops against a basket of currencies it takes more dollars to buy a barrel. If we would develop our own reserves  this is another problem we would do away with. Besides if we didn't import 70% of our energy needs our dollars value and buying power would go up. Also if we started reducing the amount of clothes, electronics, furniture and other items that we are importing our dollar would go up even more.

frawin

Quote from: jprxmkt on September 18, 2008, 11:07:41 AM
Quote from: frawin on September 17, 2008, 07:05:23 PM
The American Consumer should start demanding more goods made in America

What would Wal-mart sell?

Goods made in America, everyone thinks the cheaper prices on all of the goods imported are so great, well they aren't so cheap when you look at the job losses, high energy costs and other associated penalties and problems.

flo

Quote from: frawin on September 18, 2008, 12:29:43 PM
Steve, the dollar is going down in value which pushes crude up. All of our imported crude is purchased in dollars and when the dollar drops . . .

Frank, did I read this somewhere or was I dreaming. . . they sell us oil by our dollar, but they want paid in their dollar

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

There are lobbyists in every major business and industry and their people in both parties that take gifts, attend parties and other functions with lobbyists. It is no greater in the oil industry on a comaprison basis that in any other industry.

sixdogsmom

Quote from: srkruzich on September 18, 2008, 12:20:26 PM
Quote from: sixdogsmom on September 18, 2008, 10:30:40 AM
This has gotten buried with all the bad news in the economy, but I thought it indicative of much business that is conducted between lobbyists and government. This all came about last week.
And this is important how??  Are we now into regulating what people do??

These people were breaking the law by accepting goods and favors from the oil companies involved. In turn they accepted certain bids and then lowered the real return that the American people should have received as royalties on the oil removed by these companies from public lands.
Edie

frawin

Quote from: flo on September 18, 2008, 12:34:44 PM
Quote from: frawin on September 18, 2008, 12:29:43 PM
Steve, the dollar is going down in value which pushes crude up. All of our imported crude is purchased in dollars and when the dollar drops . . .

Frank, did I read this somewhere or was I dreaming. . . they sell us oil by our dollar, but they want paid in their dollar

No, they sell us oil by our dollar value but at the time of the lifting of the cargo or whatever the agreed date is,  they compare the value of the dollar to several currencies, the EURO, Yen, Rupee and others that are considered major currencies, and if the dollar is valued less then we pay more if the dollar is valued more then we pay less dollars.  Flo, I worked in London alot in the 70s and there were alot of wealthy Arabs staying there and partying there, they had Rolls Royces, Chauffers, and Blonde haired English women with them all of the time, they could spend the dollars and I am sure they are still spending millions there now and they are concerned alot with currency exchange values.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk