Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Got home last night from a 3 day location shoot and was gathering expenses for that trip and it cost us 177.56 to drive to Edmond Oklahoma. The shooting range was only about 8 miles from our hotel and so that was 16 miles per day. Other than that, we ate breakfast in the hotel... and supper at the resterants that were only about 6 blocks from the Best Western.

That is just horrible. We used to go to Branson for a week and pull the camper.. plus use the bass boat every day and not spend THAT in gas.  >:(

On the bright side.. we had a great trip.. got lots of good footage and met lots and lots of new shootin' friends.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

Waldo, I remember and yes Fina was a Belgian Company. They recently sold their Texas Refineries to an Isralei Company. I did lots of business with fina over the years. The US oil companies do not control the world price of oil anymore. I think the current world oil problems are a warning as to what is to come and hopefully we will take notice and start conserving and also spend more money on research for alternative fuels.
Frank

momof 2boys

Right on Girl!!!  And what gets my goat is that the oil companies are getting tax breaks.   Give me a break!!!  Found this article rather interesting.  http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/01/news/companies/oil_hearing/index.htm?cnn=yes

pam

Lol, Teresa, we used to go for rides around the countryside because we couldn't afford to do anything else, now we can't afford to do that! Not unless we budget it inLOL.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

frawin

Teresa, do you drive a Hummer? I calculate it is approximately 190 miles from Howard to Edmond, 380 miles round trip, plus 16 miles a day to the shooting range would be 48 miles for a total of 428 miles. At $3.25 per gallon, $177.56 would be 54.6 gallons, that would equate to 7.8 miles to the gallon!!
I can understand your concern.
Frank

Teresa

A hummer... me? 

Only in my dreams.. LOL

No. I drive a Ford 4 door Supercab Lariot pickup.. but it doesn't get too good of mileage.. and we took the longer way to get there and then took the interstate back.

Paid 3.49 a gallon..and had half a tank left when we got home.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

:o :o :o Frank - $3.25 a gallon?? Ain't seen that for quite a spell - $3.59 here and 3.39 at Trip co., or was Friday.  I'm going to Oklahoma this weekend, hope it just costs $3.25 a gal. to fill up for the trip home.  :laugh:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

Flo, it has been $3.19 here until the weekend and it went to $3.25 and $3.29 at the 2 stations  I trade at.
Frank

greatguns

Just got back from Miami OK.  Sat. gas was $3.29.  Yesterday it was $3.33.

frawin

Teresa, is that you in the picture laughing and holding the bowl of something. No wonder we never see you in Howard when we are there, we wouldn't have known you. we were looking for somebody as pretty as your  Mother.
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk