Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Filled up at 3.17 today, 7 March. Average price in Denver area is 3.27 with lowest at 3.06.

Howard price was 3.69 on the third.

Severy price was 3.63, today.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Thanks Waldo, interesting price spread. I have quit posting the daily open and close crude prices. I got aggravated before and quit then several people asked me to do it again. I am done for now, I am afraid if I keep posting them, the negative team on the Forum will blame Howard or West Elk, or the County Commissioners, or Elk Connect everytime the prices go up.

flintauqua

When I am getting ready to travel more that an hour or so from home (like going to Moline) I use the following map to help determine my route, and where to fill up along the way.  It allows me to see if there are some small town independent stations that are staying competitive with the big chain corporate ones, and then spend my gas money where it will do some good in a rural or small-town economy.

http://www.missourigasprices.com/Price_By_County.aspx?state=MO&c=usa

Just keep clicking on a spot to zoom in and then you can move the map around to the area you are traveling in.  It will zoom all the way to street level and give you the address and other info on specific stations.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Warph

10 States with the cheapest gas:
http://247wallst.com/2012/03/12/the-ten-states-with-the-cheapest-gas-2/2/

Frank... gas is $3.93 at Safeway in Surprise and $3.97 at Chevron in Sun City West, today March 16.
I found that this is the best way to overcome high gas prices:

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

W. Gray

March 19:

Lowest price for regular gas in Denver, 3.32.

Regular gas price in Howard, 3.79

Regular gas price in Severy, 3.69

National average, 3.81

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Quote from: W. Gray on March 19, 2012, 05:44:58 PM
March 19:

Lowest price for regular gas in Denver, 3.32.

Regular gas price in Howard, 3.79

Regular gas price in Severy, 3.69

National average, 3.81

Waldo, the lowest price in the Bartlesville area is $3.45.
API charts show the combined local, State and Federal tax in Oklahoma is $0.354/gallon and in Colorado is $0.404/gallon.

Catwoman

In Wichita, it's 3.63 to 3.69, depending upon where you are driving at.

frawin

Crude Oil settled at $90.36, down $1.95 on the session. Crude has fallen $18.00 in the past 60 days trading.

larryJ

As previously mentioned on another thread (observations), the price had dramatically dropped from $4.35 a gallon down to $4.13.  Today on the way home from #1 granddaughters school, I noted the price was back up to an average of $4.25--$4.35 in anticipation of the holiday weekend coming up. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

frawin

Larry, our neighborhood price is $3.22, I anticipate it will belower in the morning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk