Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Red, I hope they can come to some agreement that reduces wasteful spending and doesn't raise taxes.  There are some really serious problems developing  in this country and they don't all pertain to poltics, budgets and taxes. We are going to face some serious food shotages and some major inflation.
In my opinion Obama is holding out in hopes he can get the votes in 2012.
Red I can tell you for sure I think we are better off in Rural America than the people will be in the Cities.
I look forward to your thoughts on this.

frawin

September Crude settled at $99.20, down $0.67 on the day.
Our neighborhood station has Regular Gas at $3.53.

Diane Amberg

The DuPont Company is soon going to build an ethanol plant in Neb.or Iowa, I'm not sure which, that will use only corn cobs, shucks and stalks, not the corn kernels. I don't know if that's good or not.

frawin

Crude is trading at $99.65, up $0.45. The contract volumes are low, my guess is that everyone is waiting on what happens with the Obama/Boehner saga.

Catwoman

Gas stations are up to 3.65/gal here today.  Found one that is still 3.49/gal...Topped off the tank and am hoping 3.65 is it for awhile.

frawin

Our neighborhood pump price is $3.53, or at least it was yesterday.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 25, 2011, 06:45:35 PM
The DuPont Company is soon going to build an ethanol plant in Neb.or Iowa, I'm not sure which, that will use only corn cobs, shucks and stalks, not the corn kernels. I don't know if that's good or not.

You know what, KUDOS for them!  Georgia built 3 ethanol plants a few years back, and they do not use ANY foodsource for production.  What they do use is what used to be waste in the pulpwood industry. They go in with this big machine, cuts the pinetree, and strips all the limbs and a lot of the bark right off the tree as it is loaded out the back onto the truck. THen all of the limbs are pushed up into a pile and a wood crane lifts them into dump trucks and trucked off to the yard.  They are then ground up into chunks and loaded on rail car and sent to the ethanol plant.   ONCE the ethanol plant gets done with the processing of the wood chips and extracts the alchohol out of it it, they then utilize the wood chips as fuel for the plant to heat the stills! 

Now thats smart!  But building plants to use food supply?  Thats nothing but greed, from the ethenol plants down to the farmer, Especially when ethanol is more expensive to produce than oil is.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

Is the ethanol plant at Pratt, Ks still shut down?  Seems like it went broke 2 or 3 years ago.

redcliffsw

Looks like Maybury is thinking of $300 oil and $9 gasoline.  That would be a huge increase and it might happen. 

http://www.chaostan.com/

frawin

September Crude settled at $99.59, up $0.39 on the day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk