Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jensarlou

sixdogsmom, we never had any shortage.  some of the stations did put a limit of only 10 gals at a time for about a week but that was only to keep from possibly having a shortage.  other than that there was never an actual shortage in NE Fl.

Dale Smith

Atlanta was mostly where the shortage was, which lasted for about three weeks.  It was extremely difficult to find gasoline.  On average, you'd have to go to about 10 - 11 stations, then wait in line 45 minutes to an hour, in the hope that they would still have some gas when it was finally your turn.

Catwoman

2.61 yesterday in Wichita...yea!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Diane Amberg

I saw some here for $2.99.9. I never thought I'd ever see less than $3.00 ever again.

frawin

Nov-08 Crude is trading at $80.95, up $3.25, Nov-08 Natural Gas is trading at $6.675, up $0.14. 

DanCookson

I filled in Wichita yesterday for 2.59.  I filled at the same station exactly a week previous for 2.99.  Forty cents in a week.

pam

Gas was between 2.54 and 2.49 here yesterday dependin on where you were. Haven't been anywhere yet today to see.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

W. Gray

We finally got below 3.00 at 2.96 per gallon but it is at a Safeway grocery station.

The high is still 3.99 per gallon for regular.

The two stations are 6.5 miles apart.

Over on the west side of Denver near the foothills all gas is below 3.00.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Quote from: W. Gray on October 13, 2008, 12:45:35 PM
We finally got below 3.00 at 2.96 per gallon but it is at a Safeway grocery station.

The high is still 3.99 per gallon for regular.

The two stations are 6.5 miles apart.

Over on the west side of Denver near the foothills all gas is below 3.00.
Waldo, $3.99, that must constitute price gouging, if he sells any gas. Surely he does a very low volume of business.

W. Gray

He (assuming it is a he) has been at that price for several weeks. I suspect the person reporting the price each day is not filling up but having fun just broadcasting the price.

It is in a very dense, busy, and heavily traveled section of town. I have the address and every time I go by there I have intended to check to see who it is and how busy they might be.

However, each time I get to the area I seem to stumble into a senior moment.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk