Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 01, 2008, 01:27:52 PM
We filled Al's Honda today at $3.27.9. ... not as good as Wichita, but pretty good for here.

Gas at conoco in augusta is 3.08 a gallon.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Dale Smith

Y'all are lucky... here in Atlanta, Georgia, it would be about $4.00 a gallon, IF you could find it.  Most people that I know are saying that they are going to about 10 or 11 gas stations before they finally find some... and then they have to wait in line for more than an hour.  Oh, once again I am so thankful for my hybrid.

Jo McDonald

I heard on CNN this morning that the cheapest gas in the nation was in Topeka, KS  @$2.99 a gallon

JO
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

W. Gray

One of the gas price web sites says that regular sold in Longton at 3.79 last Saturday and at 3.29 today in Severy.

The latest edition of the AARP Bulletin has a story which says that oil was selling at the 2006 equivalent of $500 per barrel shortly after the first oil well began producing in 1859.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Waldo, when the East Texas field came on big in the early 1930s crude was 10cents a barrel.

frawin

Nov-08 Crude is trading at $97.60, down $0.93, Nov-08 Natural Gas is trading at $7.68, down $0.048.

frawin

Oil Falls a Second Day on Stronger Dollar, Lower U.S. Fuel Use

By Grant Smith

Oct. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Oil fell for a second day as the dollar reached a one-year high against the euro and U.S. fuel demand dropped to the lowest since the last recession.

Crude dropped after Senate approval of a revised bank rescue proposal yesterday bolstered the U.S. currency, dimming the appeal of commodities often used to hedge against a weaker dollar. U.S. fuel use over the past four weeks averaged 19 million barrels a day, the lowest since October 2001, according to Energy Department data.

``Oil should continue its downward slide today as some eyes track the U.S. dollar's strengthening against its European counterparts,'' said Rob Laughlin, senior broker at MF Global Ltd. in London. ``Traders are reflecting on yesterday's negative inventory data showing further decline in end-user demand.''

Crude oil for November delivery fell as much as $2.51, or 2.6 percent, to $96.02 a barrel time in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. It was at $97.55 a barrel at 11:10 a.m. London time.

Oil has fallen 35 percent since reaching a record $147.27 in July on concern the global financial crisis will spread through the economy, sapping energy demand. U.S. manufacturing contracted last month at the fastest pace since 2001 as new auto sales plunged 27 percent.

Prices may fall as low as $50 a barrel next year in the event of a ``global recession,'' Merrill Lynch & Co. said in a report today. Such an occurrence is still ``unlikely,'' Merrill said, while reducing its 2009 oil forecast by 16 percent to $90 a barrel.

Consumption Falls

U.S. oil use is declining faster than expected, while European consumption is falling ``rapidly,'' and production capacity among the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries is ``just about to soar,'' Merrill said.

Yesterday, the contract dropped $2.11, or 2.1 percent, to settle at $98.53 a barrel after an Energy Department report, which showed crude inventories rose more than forecast last week. Stockpiles climbed 4.28 million barrels to 294.5 million.

The House of Representatives may take vote on the rescue package tomorrow, said Brendan Daly, a spokesman for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The dollar advanced to $1.3918 per euro at 10:56 a.m. in London, from $1.4009 late yesterday in New York. It touched $1.3882 three weeks ago, the strongest since Sept. 18, 2007.

Brent crude oil for November settlement fell as much as $2.80, or 2.9 percent, to $92.53 a barrel, on London's ICE Futures Europe exchange. The contract was at $94.10 a barrel at 11:10 a.m. London time.

frawin

Nov-08 Crude is trading at $94.50, down $4.03, Nov-08 Natural Gas is trading at $7.46 down $0.268.

frawin

Sorry, I have been out this afternoon. Nov-08 Crude settled at $93.97, down $4.56 on the day, Nov-08 Natural Gas settled at $7.481, down $0.247 on the day.

indygal

I attended a meeting in Wichita yesterday and decided it would be a good idea to purchase gas while I was there. When I left town, P-J's was $3.49 for the cheap stuff. Down the road at Conoco, it was $3.29. When I got into Andover it was $3.19, and also in Wichita. After the meeting, I went to Dillons for some groceries (apologies to Batson's, but it was stuff I can only get at Dillons) and decided to use my 10 cents off deal at the gas station there. So I paid $3.07 a gallon, and wasn't the only one....talk about a line of cars there! Then on the return trip, I noticed gas had dropped to $3.08 in both Andover and Augusta, but was still $3.49 at P-J's in Howard. I do know the reasons, but it's still pretty hard to swallow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk