Better Fill up today

Started by frawin, February 28, 2008, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Crude oil is trading down $2.10 this morning. If this holds, the pump price should go down. Our neighborhood pump price was $2.58  yesterday. With all of the new drilling, we have crude backed up in many areas as there is not enough pipeline capacity to move it.

frawin

Crude Oil is trading down $2.23 this morning, currently at $92.99. Due to the ice and snow I haven't been out this morning to see what the neighborhood gasoline price is.

frawin

Crude Oil is trading at $90.68, this morning, down $2.83. Our neighborhood pump price is $3.23 this morning. If the market stays in the current trading range Gasoline will be lower tomorrow.

larryJ

SoCal stations are selling gas from $3.89 to $4.09 per gallon depending on what flavor you like. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

frawin

Larry a big share of the price difference, CA VS OK is the state Gasoline tax rate, Tax on a Gallon in California is $0.49 in OK it is $0.17. The rest is the higher cost of refining and raw materials. California has the 2nd highest tax rate behind NY which is the highest.

frawin

I just came back from an errand and noticed the  pump price for regular was $3.17.

frawin

Crude oil traded higher today, it was up $1.64, and settled at$101.24. Our local pump price is $2.97, I expect it to be higher by morning.

frawin

Crude is trading higher again today, it has traded as high as $103.13, it  is currently trading at $102.89, up $1.65. With the problems in Egypt, there is concern that the main channel to move Middle East crude , the Straits Of Hormuz, could be shut down.

frawin

Crude Oil settled at $103.22, up $1.98 on the day. Gasoline will be higher tomorrow.

Catwoman

Frank, it already is higher here in the Wichita area.  It jumped overnight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk