Prisons

Started by T. Sackett, February 28, 2008, 02:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Sackett

In a newscast today the topic of prisons was talked about.  I do not remember all the information given, but it was told that 1 out of every 100 people have been incarcerated, and 49 BILLION dollars is being spent this year on incarcerated people.  The next statement given, I fully agree with.  "Prisons today, is just place to continue living on government handouts."

I have noticed whenever they tallk about building new prisons today, they're talking about library rooms, rec rooms, etc.  Sounds like a very high classed motel with all expenses paid!!!!!!!!!!!  Even the ordinary citizen can't afford all of that, plus the inmates get medical care, and other luxuries that even I can't afford, and I'm having to help support this "extra baggage."  It's no wonder folks go out and do something to get thrown into the can............life is easier on the inside.   But my consciousness and beliefs won't permit me to go out and try to rob a bank.
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

giester2

Some people are doing their best to get into these ritzy establishments

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8575712/
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

Lookatmeknow!!

That is just crazy.  I might not always like how things go in my life, but to do something to go to prison now that is uncalled for.  No matter how bad things get in my life I like it 10x better than I would like to be told when, how, and what to do 24 hours a day!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

T. Sackett

Yep!  It is a crazy world, and leaves one to wonder if most of the nation's judicial system is high on drugs, and lackng in common sense.  I always had the belief that jails and prisons were to serve as punishment and deterrent against crimes.  But within the past 20-25 years, just the opposite is true.  The criminal is being encouraged and rewarded for their bad behavior. 
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk