police in Longton

Started by cheyronni, February 25, 2008, 04:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheyronni

Does anyone know why the police were down by the fairgrounds last night??? There appeared to be several vehicles down there and one police car with it's lights on......I was just nosey and wondered if anyone knew what was going on!!

Judy Harder

I heard sirens go through town last night.....but it was too  cold to stand out and listen to hear
where they went.
I also haven't talked to anyone who would know...........you are the first I have heard about this.

Someone should know......whether they will tell is another thing.

I will hit the cafe tomorrow and most likely someone there will know.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

cheyronni

It was too cold to go out but i could see them out my bedroom window. If you hear anything let me know !!

Judy Harder

I never did hear what happened. One of the siren calls was for a domestic
disturbance......but that is just gossip........I know nothing else.

Guess it was a very private matter.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

W. Gray

Maybe, Janet can chime in, in reference to Elk County.

A lot of jurisdictions seem to have a law that says during a domestic disturbance one or the other has to be arrested even if it is only for overnight.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

flo

"scanner gossip" - there was a disturbance with a family.  Started by the son, and I took it that he had injured his mother in some sort of confrontation, baracaded himself in his room with a 22.  The rest of the family went into another bedroom and called 911.  The last word was from the EMT that "patient refused service", meaning the mother.  Think the son was transported.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

cheyronni

Yes I knew about the domestic disturbance but this was something different. Well heck I should have just ventured out in the cold and been more nosey!!!!!!

flo

entirely possible that the "family" dispute wasn't in Longton - My scanner is mostly for background noise and once in a while something catches my ear - fire, storms, etc.  That's the reason I said "scanner gossip"
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

cheyronni

Flo there was a domestic disturbance so you heard right!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk