CHARLATANT

Started by Jody, February 21, 2008, 12:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

There was an interresting book reviewed in Sundays Wichita Eagle!   

It is a book about Kansas  Dr. J R Brinkley. called America's most dangerous hukster in the age of flim flam.   

He was known as the goat gland Dr.  He ran for GOV. AT ONE POINT IN HIS LIFE.  yOU MIGHT REMEMBER HIS RADIO IN  DEL RIO, texas.

The book was written by Pope Brock -Crown

Jody

SORRY ABOUT MY BAD TYPING BUT THE NAME OF THE BOOK ISCHARLATAN.

Jody

SORRY ABOUT MY LACK OF TYPING SKILLS,  THE NAME OF THE BOOK IS CHARLATAN

W. Gray

The Cleveland Plain Dealer has an interesting article about him,

http://www.cleveland.com/bookreviews/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-0/1203154339288260.xml&coll=2

I wonder what the guy ever did with them?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

Sounds like an interesting story! Kansas seems to have attracted many individualists' like the man who created The Garden Of Eden in Lucas, Kansas. A mighty interesting place to visit!
Edie

W. Gray

The Denver public tv channel ran a story on the Lucas, Kansas, Garden of Eden site.

I have intended to stop by there several times but thus far have not made it.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

Well worth the side trip if you enjoy oddities! This man was definitely an individualist, and quite the artist in cement!
Edie

Jody

Jo, do you remember how you coudn't get anything at night but DELRIO, tEXAS LATE AT NIFHT ON YOUR CAR RADIO?

Jo McDonald

I do remember that, Jody, and it was gooooooood  listening, or so we thought.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk