Our Flag

Started by Calibritwo, February 22, 2008, 06:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calibritwo

Hello,Remember me?(author unknown)
Some people call me Old Glory; others call me the Star Spangled Banner. But whatever they call me, I am your flag, the Flag of the United States of America.
Somethings been bothering me. I thought I might talk it over with you, because its about you and me.
I remember, not too long ago, when people lined up on both sides of the street to watch the parade, and naturally, I was leading every parade, proudly waving in the breeze.
When your Daddy first saw me coming, he immediately removed his hat with his right hand and placed it against his left shoulder so his hand would rest directly above his heart. Remeber that?
And you, you were younger then, I remember you standing there straight as a soldier. You didn't have a hat but you were giving a hand right salute. Remember your little sister? Not to be outdone, she was saluting the same way as your Dad, with her right hand over her heart..remember?
What's happened? I'm still the same old flag. Oh, I have a few more stars since you were a boy, and a lot more blood has been shed since those parades of long ago, but now, I don't feel as proud as I used to.
When I come down your street in the same type of parade, some of you stand there with your hands in your pockets and I may get a small glance from you, but you oftentimes look away. And , I see your small children running around playing. they don't seem to know who I am or what I represent. I saw one man take his hat off and look around, and when he didn't see anybody else with their hats off, he quickly put it back on.
Is it a sin to be patriotic anymore?
Have you fogotten what I stand for and weher I have been? Anzio, Guadalcanal, Bataan, Korea and Vietnam. Take a look at the Memorial Honor Roll sometime. You'll see the names of those who fought to keep this country free , those who bled and suffered and died for those of you who are standing, not saluting, not telling your children about me.

Remember these words?....One Nation Under God...When you salute me you are saluting these brave people who have, in act, given their tomorrow's so you could have your today's.
Well it won't be long before I'll be coming down your street again. So, when you see me, think about what I just told you. Think about what I stand for. Stand erect, place your right hand over your heart, and tell your children to do the same. As you salute me, I'll salute you back, by waving to you. And I'll know, that you remembered!

Jody

I WOULD LIKE TO SEND RHIS TO brock OBANA.  HE STOPPED WEARING HIS FLAG IN HIS LAPEL BECAUSE HE SAID IT JUST MEANT 911.  GUESS HE MISSED OUT ON HIS AMERICAN HISTORY.  WHAT IS THE NAME OF HIS CHURCH AND WHAT DENOMINATION IS IT?

Judy Harder

I still tear up when I see the flag coming down the street..........or even when I read a message
like this one.

I sure do like living in the good old USA........Two of my kids served in the Army and my daughter was an MP and I could not have been prouder of that fact.

God bless America
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Calibritwo

Good question Jody...does anyone really know? What church does Obama attend?

Judy our son is an active M.P.now and we are very proud of him too.
WE hurt with everyone else when we hear of another of our "sons"  killed in action.
God Bless America and all who serve.!

sixdogsmom

According to Wikipedia, Senator Obama is a member of Trinity United Church Of Christ having been baptised in 1988. I urge anyone who has questions about the senator to visit this site. It is non-partisan and does not reflect any of the silly season rumors going around about not only Senator Obama but other candidates as well. Wikipedia not only gives personal history, but education, work history and political history. An interesting place to visit.
Edie

Calibritwo

To learn more about the church Senator Obama attends and its history ,
beliefs and aims,
please go to www.tucc.org

sixdogsmom

I visited that site, and do not find it alarming. I see nothing to be alarmed about. They stress that they are children of God and that Jesus Christ comes first. The issues of racism are alive and well in this country. The black religious community has done much for their own race as well as ours, and it is time for all Americans come together and assure that we have no second and third class citizens.

This election should be about issues that affect us all, not about anyones faith, race, gender or parents. Past actions should count, and current actions should count. Rumors and wild accusations should not. We have an obligatoin as voters not only to vote, but to educate ourselves. I urge everyone to visit that site and see for themselves. Thank you, and although it is not Friday, I will descend from the soapbox! LOL!
Edie

Wilma

Since I don't know how to put applause on here, this will have to do. :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* and anything else that says, bravo, you go, girl.

flo

What our Flag stands for is something to be revered and respected.  I was told today that the Patriot Riders will be in Eureka to protect the family from the Phelps' at Bryant Mackey's funeral.  God Bless those boys.  Both those that serve, pay the ultimate price and those that help protect the families from the hate mongers.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

sixdogsmom

It is just too bad that something cannot be done to protect our heroes from this insanity! I am grateful for the Patriot Riders and what they do! God bless them all.  :'( :'(
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk