Barack/Hillary

Started by W. Gray, February 20, 2008, 09:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Dennis Miller's suggestion on Fox tonight was for Hillary to pick up the pieces and salvage her run for the presidency as soon as she can.

She can do so by making a deal with Obama that she will withdraw from the race immediately, provided he names her as his running mate.

Miller says that the voting public will be so appalled at the the double dose of extreme liberalism, the result would be they will lose the November election to the Republicans.

This might be the only way for Hillary to free herself so she can make a legitimate run again in four years.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Roma Jean Turner

I can see the logic in that.  What a convoluted path to get what you want,  but................... I wouldn't rule it out.

Wilma

If my memory serves me right, and daughter just backed it up with research, Ronald Reagan lost his first attempt for the Republican nomination.  In 1968, he lost his bid to Richard Nixon.  He lost again to Gerald Ford for the nomination in 1976.  In 1980, he won the Republican nomination and chose George H. W. Bush for his running mate. 

If either of the two Democratic candidates backs off or if when they don't win the nomination, there is always another time.  Four years, eight years, I guess one is never too old.

Teresa

McCain is living proof of that.   ::)  Not only is he old, he is NOT who I want at all representing the Republicans.. >:(

Lord I wish there was SOMEONE on either side who was worth a tinkers damn for something.
But I am afraid we are SOL~~
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

Polls indicate Obama has a slight edge over McCain in the presidential race.

McCain has a slight edge over Hillary in the same race--she is not out of this quite yet.

McCain, if he wins, would be the oldest person to take the office.

Look at how much both Bill Clinton and George Bush aged over their eight years.

One would think McCain would pick a much younger person as a running mate to not only fill his shoes if it should be necessary but also to help counter Obama's youthfulness.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

I just spent the last one hour and 45 minutes watching the Barack/Hillary debate from Austin, Tx.

Judging from the dearth of postings on this forum during that time, it appears that most of the members did also...........

Roma Jean Turner

I  forgot about the debate.  As soon as my basketball game is over I'll check it out.   I was prepared to vote for Romney, Guliane or Thompson. But  they had to pick the one I didn't want.  I'm used to voting for the person that I consider the lesser of two evils.  This year I will be down to choosing between who scares the hell out of me least!  That will take some real time to figure out.

sixdogsmom

We watched the debate this evening. It feels like Hillary is making some concessions, perhaps a prelude to VP? I hope not,  :P :P
Edie

frawin

Teresa, we agree with your comment above.  We are not pleased with the candidates that are running.  Yes, we watched the debate last night, my but they are LIBERAL!.  They all scare me this time.  Guess we just have to try to decide who is the lesser of the evils.

Judy Harder

I chose to watch Idol this evening.
I get so tired of listening to what each say they will
do and then not really believe them.

I didn't miss much as the nightly news will run
pieces of it and already I am so tired of POLITICS!
God help us all
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk