Economic stimulus checks coming in May

Started by Joanna, February 16, 2008, 07:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Well Roma Jean, let me know when you get your check! I want to stay off the highway! LOL!! :D :D
Edie

Roma Jean Turner

I can't claim that post myself, it was sent to me, but I thought it was good.  I could never make it through a campaign.  Sooner or later I'd shove someone out of my way or smash a camera. Oooooooooos. ;)

W. Gray

First seen on Brit Hume program on Fox today.

Electronic payments of up to $600 a person and $1,200 a couple will start flowing to tax filers at a rate of 800,000 daily on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, with 5 million more on Friday, May 2.

Treasury is starting five days earlier than previously announced.

The initial payments are limited to those who filed electronically.

Haven't seen a new schedule but it appears everyone will receive their payment five days earlier than originally scheduled per the schedule posted by Devyn-Leann, above.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

They probably thought they had better get with it while one check could still buy a tank of gas!!  ;D ;D
Edie

W. Gray

I would imagine the first part of every check will probably go for a full tank.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Bonnie M.

Looks like we'll be using ours to fly back to Tulsa and rent a car.   Money paid to Southwest Airlines and Car Rental Companies will surely "stay in the United States?"
Bonnie

Teresa

A new little pistol and clip and ammo is what I'm buying.
I could use it for gas.. or other things.. but I'm not going to . I am going to treat myself.

Actually the only way to spend it and know the money is staying in the US is to go to Garage sales and spend it there.
;D ;D ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

HAD TO PASS THIS ONE - IT'S THE BITTER TRUTH

IRS Rebate Check

As you may have heard, each of us will be getting a tax rebate check to stimulate the economy.  If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.  If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.  If we purchase a computer it will go to India.  If we purchase fruits and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.  If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan.  If we purchase useless stuff it will go to Taiwan, and none of it will help the American economy.  We need to keep that money here in America.  The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it at yard sale, since those are the only businesses still in the USA ! GOD BLESS YOU
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Lookatmeknow!!

But what if we spend it in town here.  Won't that help the economy???  I know the items that we buy around here aren't all USA made, but it still puts a little in the counties pocket won't it???  I hope it does anyways.  I am planning on putting my on my van payment or saving it, will just have to see if and when it comes!!!!! :-\ :-\
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Devyn-Leann

A portion of ours is going to Lane's spring/summer wardrobe. And most likely the rest will be for diesel, or sent to the co-op.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk