Economic stimulus checks coming in May

Started by Joanna, February 16, 2008, 07:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

How about using that money to stimulate the LOCAL economy?  Go buy your groceries from Batson's, get new tires at Harrod's, take your family out for pizza at Poplar, dessert at Toots!  Or even better yet; donate to the Elk Konnected program to continue to enhance and grow Elk County!  (You owe me one, Liz!)

W. Gray

Speaking of buying tires in Howard.

I recently saw an ad in the Flint Hills Express advertising a business building for sale on K-99 in Howard but did not specify who or where.

The description sounded like the Helms tire place, which he just erected two or three years ago.

Anyone know if he is still going or did he sell out?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Tobina+1

Yes, you're right; that is David Helm's shop for sale.  Harrod's bought all his equipment and he works out of their shop now.  When I asked David one time about it, he said he had a couple big contracts with the city, school, and some others maybe, but that the rest of the traffic was very slow.  I accused him of spreading nails in the road out by my house, because I'd go "visit" him about every other week last spring and summer.  But apparently, the 6 new tires I bought from him during that time didn't help out enough!  (I actually have a tire/wheel warranty on my car, so I didn't actually buy them; Honda did.)  Chuck kept David busy, too.  I think they went through 20 tires on his work trucks and trailers last year!  It's too bad that David couldn't make a go; it seemed like that was an ideal location.

flo

guess I can't look forward to this "windfall" check.  I filed a 1040A because of my Co-op retirement and the piddly amt. I made at the unified distict, however I did not show my social security because the instructions said if they weren't taxable, they didn't need to be shown, so I didn't.  The other amounts came to more than $3000.00, tho, so maybe that will surfice.  If not, that's just about the way my luck runs.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

W. Gray

You should be okay.

The 1040a showing social security, va pension, etc.,  is for those who do not normally file a federal income tax return.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Florene, based on "Turbo Tax" explaination of the plan, you should be alright. If you want to read further on this, do a search "Economic Stimulus Plan-Turbo Tax" . Also for those who filed early and don't qualify due to leaving Social Security income out, you can refile. Again see Turbo Tax explainations. Check with a qualified tax preparer, before refiling or if you have questions.
Frank Winn

Sarge

I don't care about all that. I just want my money. I've got my eye on a new squirrel rifle.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Rudy Taylor

Watch which squirrels you shoot, Sarge.  We don't want to lose any forum members.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Joanna

Rudy!  That was just bad.  :o But I laughed too  ;D

greatguns

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk