Advertisements in 1895

Started by T. Sackett, February 12, 2008, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Sackett

Bucklen's Arnica Salve

The best salve in the world for cuts, bruises, sores, ulcers, salt rheum, fever sores, tetter, chapped hands, chillblains, corns, and all skin eruptions, and positively cures piles, or no pay required.  It is guaranteed to give perfect satisfaction or money refunded.  Price, 25c per box at F. S. Olney's drug store.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     When Baby was sick, we gave her Castoria,
     When she was a Child, she cried for Castoria,
     When she became Miss, she clung to Castoria,
     When she had Children, she gave them Castoria.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FREE PILLS

Send your address to H. E. Bucklen & Co. and get a free sample box of Dr. King's New Life Pills.  A trial will convince you of their merits.  These pills are easy in action and are particularly effective in the cure of constipation and sick headache.  For malaria and liver troubles they have been proved invaluable.  They are guaranteed to be perfectly free from every deleterious substance and to be purely vegetable.  They do not weaken by their action, but by giving tone to stomach and bowels greatly invigorate the system.  Regular size 25c per box.  Sold by F.S.Olney,
druggist.

These appear in the Elk County Citizen on June 13, 1895
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

Roma Jean Turner

The following ad is signed by my great grandfather Edwin Elting a pharmacist in Moline.  Moline Review June 17, 1910.  My guess is he didn't write the copy, it was probably sent for him to use as an ad.  I often wonder what my great grandmother thought of this ad.

An Ideal Husband....is patient, even with a nagging wife for he knows she needs help.  She may be so nervous and run down in health that trifles annoy her.  If she is melancholy, excitable, troubled with loss of appetitie, headache, sleeplesness, constipation or fainting and dizzy spells.  She needs Electric Bitters the most wonderful remedy for ailing women.  Thousands of sufferes from feminine troubles, nervous troubles, headache and weak kidneys have used them and become healthy and happy. Try them.  Only .50  Satisfaction guarranteed by E. W. Elting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk