WEBSTER, Donovan Kay - b. January 6, 1931 - d. January 14, 2008

Started by Bonnie M., January 14, 2008, 09:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

I don't have the obituary, but this is a note received from Robert Megredy this morning:

Monday, January 14th

I just had a call from Marsha to let me know that Donovan (Webster) died this morning at 7 AM from lung cancer and heart failure.

Donovan's ordeal is over, now Trudy's and her family's begins.

Plans at this time are for a funeral on Friday or Saturday in Paul. Idaho.

I will let you know when arrangements are final.

Love Robert

Donavon grew up east of Howard, and I'm sure many of you would know him, and/or his family.

He married Trudy Megredy, and Megredys were our neighbors, south of Longton.

Bonnie Mustoe
Bonnie

patyrn

Did he have a sister named Genevieve?

Bonnie M.

Yes, she was his younger sister.
Bonnie

patyrn

I think they also had another sister, maybe named Virginia????  I didn't know the older siblings but did know Genevieve and their father, Ott Webster.  They are relatives of Mary Stark Barnes. 

Jody

Virginia was his oldest sister.  He is a cousin of mine.   Sorry to hear of his death.

patyrn

Donovan Kay Webster, 77, of Paul, Idaho, passed away on Monday, January 14, 2008 at his home.  He was born on January 6, 1931, in Howard, Kansas to Norman Otto ("Ott") Webster and Blanche Colleen (Turley) Webster.

Donovan farmed with his father as a young man and later served in the Korean War from 1951-1952.  He married Gertrude "Trudy" Frances Megredy in 1951.  They settled in Idaho in 1958.  Donovan was a carpenter and building contractor in the Paul, Burley, and Rupert, Idaho area for more than 40 years.  He took up farming again in 1972.  Donovan was passionate about his farm, gardening, and his carpentry work.  He also loved spending time in his workshop. 

Donovan will be lovingly remembered by his wfe, Trudy; his three children, Mark Webster and his wife Sabrina, Marsha and her husband Curtis Jones, and Michael Webster and his wife Janell; four grandchildren, Kelley Webster, Courtney McCombs, Brayley Webster, and Samantha Tiedeman; two great grandchildren, Kennedy and Jaxson; and two sisters, Virginia Freed and Genivieve Harmsen.

The funeral service was held on January 18, 2008 at the Burley First Christian Church, Burley, Idaho.,  Burial folllowed at the Paul Cemetery with military rites provided by the Paul American Legion Post #77.

The family suggests memorials in Donovan's memory be directed to the Paul United Methodist Church, the Burley First Christian Church, or the Paul American Legion in care of Rasmussen Funeral Home, 1350 E. 16th Street, Burley, Idaho 83347.

(taken from the Flint Hills Express, January 30, 2008)

patyrn

I have Donovan Webster listed on the Howard High School alumni list as a 1948 graduate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk