New Gold Coin

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, February 08, 2008, 01:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

Ok, here is the Policital thing that stinks to me.  They have printed a new dollar coin and on it it does not state in God We Trust.  That is an outrage if you ask me.  This government is doing all they can to take God out of our world.  I can't for the love of him do that.  I have a problem with this coin and hope that many of you will not take this coin and force them to take it out of curriculation.  I just feel, and believe that God made this Country, this world, this wonderful land that we live in.  We should be praising him day and night for that.  Instead we take in out of our school, take him off of the coins, and what is next?  Are they going to tell us which Church or believe that we should believe. 

I might be old fashion, and I use that term lightly, because I am only 33, but when I went to school we never worried about threats on our schools.  Since my oldest child has been in school, 6 years with preschool, there have been 2 threats at the High school here in Howard.  Yes, nothing came of them, but what if they had.  I feel that taking the right to pray out of school, and God out of the schools we are harming our children.

I know that many won't feel the same way that I do.  That is your right, just like it is my right to feel this way.  I won't except this coin at all.  I am not ashamed of my God.  He has done so many things right in my life, that to take it would be a sin in my books.  I am not ashamed to tell the people that try to give it to me that I am a christian and will not except the coin in any way.  You should do the same, if God has touched your life!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

W. Gray

I have yet to see a presidential coin in circulation.

Myself, I would rather receive a $1 coin in lieu of a bill.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Lookatmeknow!!

Thanks for the information, I just received this in a email and was outraged.  I really need to see one, but believe me if it does not have In God We Trust on it, I will not take it.  I hope not to make anyone mad.

greatguns

You're good to go because it is on them.

Lookatmeknow!!

Good, sorry to be such pain!!  Thats what I get for listening and believing all my emails!!!! >:( :) >:( :)

Roma Jean Turner

I felt the same way when I read that e-mail. I have seen the coins and the printing is there, but I still liked it better when it was written right on the flat part of the coin for everyone to see.  I can't help feel that this design is a way to minimize it.  It will be interesting to see in a few years if they try for a coin without it.  We'll be watching!!!!!!

Diane Amberg

I went back and found an ad in a magazine from several months ago. Supposedly it was decided that having the mint mark, the date, and In God We Trust on the edge leaves more room to honor the pictures on the flat sides. I really don't think it was a plot...we have people of faith on the east coast too! ;) 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk