TELL ME SOMETHING

Started by Wilma, November 27, 2007, 08:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I'm not sure how those would work any better than clothes rubbing against each other in the dryer, in fact they might break the fibers. Are they hard? I'll stick with my dryer sheets.

Wilma

Yes, they are hard.  I wondered, too, if they might be hard on the fabric.  I won't be using them  The vinegar I use in place of softener works as well as anything.

Roma Jean Turner

Wilma, I have heard of using vinegar.  About how much would you use in a load?  I may give it a try.  However, I can't imagine putting a load in the dryer without my dryer sheet.  Maybe I'll do both.

Wilma

I use about as much vinegar as I would liquid softener, putting it in the softener dispenser of my machine.  My idea was that the vinegar would get all the detergent out, eliminating some of the source of the hardness.  I see no reason why a dryer sheet couldn't also be used.

frawin

We used to always use vinegar when washing black or navy blue.  Seemed to help keep the color longer.  When I lived in West Texas, the water was terrible.  It was very hard and we never drank the water from the faucet, but either drank bottled water or RO.  Anyway, I used vinegar for the last rinse in my dishwasher to keep the lime from building up on the glasses.

MLW

Dale Smith

Ever since getting the vinegar advice from Wilma, I have kept a gallon jug of white distilled vinegar in the laundry room.  The jug says "Two cups of vinegar in th wash help restore fluffiness to blankets and towels."  So, that's what I have been using.  Works great!

Jo McDonald

When I was first married,  Mom McDonald told me if I would soak black or Navy blue things  in strong salt water before they were washed, it would "set" the color ..so I always did that, until I got older and forgot about it.   ;D ;D ;D

I did dye some faded blue jeans with a dark navy color and the directions on that was to soak in strong salt water, after dying process was finished.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

Wow.  I really thought the dryer balls would work.  Darn. 

Teresa

That's what ya get for thinkin'..  :P
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk