HOYT, Lee Lews - b. November 2, 1907 - d. January 23, 2008

Started by Judy Harder, January 24, 2008, 11:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

I heard yesterday that Jack Hoyt's dad passed away.
I will add to this when  I hear more.........think he was 99 and the family
are in Tulsa with their family.

Thought you might want to know.
AOYP
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Bonnie M.

Thanks, Judy for the information. 
Bonnie

Judy Harder

Lee Hoyt had his 100 birthday in November and they still aren't sure about service's
Jack said they think grave side on Monday but as of this morning it wasn't a for sure.

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

patyrn

Lee Lewis Hoyt, 100, of Longton, died Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at Inverness Village, Tulsa, Oklahoma.  He was born November 2, 1907 in Middleton, Calfornia, the son of Harry L. and Anna (Simpson) Hoyt.

After the death of his parents in 1909, Lee moved to Attica, Kansas where he was raised by his grandparents.  Lee graduated from Attica High School and attended Suthwestern College in Winfield, Kansas.

Lee and Inez Louise McMahon were united in marriage on November 30, 1933.  They farmed near Attica until moving to Dexter, Kansas in 1941.  In 1948, they moved to Longton and farmed near there until retiring to Orlando, Florida in 1973.  They returned to Longton in 1989 to be near family and lived there until Octoer 2006 when they moved to Inverness Village in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Lee loved to read.  When his eyesight got poor, he enjoyed listening to audio books.  His true loves were working on the farm, and most of all, his grandchild and great grandchildren.

Lee is survived by his wife of 74 years.  Others survivors include: one son,  Jack and wife Velva of Longton, Kansas;  one grandson, Dr Brad Hoyt and wife Leslie and thre great grandchildren, Blaine, Lauren, and Hunter Hoyt of Tulsa, Oklahoma.  He was preceded in death by a sister, Mildred Hoyt.

Graveside service will be Monday, January 28, 2008 at 2:00 p.m. at the Longton Cemetery, Longton, Kansas, with Pastor Robin Haines of the Flnt Hlls Assembly of God Church officiating.  Visitation wll be Monday from 9 a.m. to noon at Countryside Funeral Home.  Memorial contributions are suggested to the Longton Senior Center and can be mailed to Countryside Funeral Home, P.O. Box 247, 420 S. 20th Street, Fredonia, Kansas  66736.  Services entrusted to Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk