MC ALISTER, Patty "Pat" (Boyer) - b. January 11 1934 - d. January 21, 2008

Started by Calibritwo, January 23, 2008, 02:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calibritwo

The funeral service for Pat McAllister of Moline
will be at 10:30am on Friday
at HOWARD United Methodist Church

My apologies to those who read this earlier, the correct time is 10:30 am and not 10am as this previously read...

Wilma

You are forgiven and I must commend you for your prompt post of something so many people wanted to know.

Bonnie M.

Is Pat the one who wrote the Moline News for the Paper?  I didn't know she had passed away.  It seems like I'd just read her notes!
Bonnie

Wilma

Yes, Pat wrote the Moline news. 

Bonnie M.

That is certainly sad news.  I would read about her "bouts" will an illness, but I never did know what the illness was. 
Bonnie

Mom70x7

Pat had heart problems.

Visitation will be an hour before the service on Friday and
from 5-8 pm Thursday, at the Howard UMC.

Ole Granny

Our love and prayers go out to Pat's family.  She will be missed.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patty L. "Pat" McAlister   
MOLINE - McAlister, Patty L. "Pat," 74, died Jan. 21, 2008. Service 10:30 a.m. Friday, United Methodist Church, Howard. Survivors: daughter, Kathy Spurlock of Neodesha; son, Gary of Moline; brothers, Jerry Boyer of Moline, Mike Boyer of Longford; 4 grandchildren. Zimmerman Funeral Home in c/o Countryside Funeral Home, Fredonia.
Published in the Wichita Eagle on 1/24/2008. 

patyrn

Pat McAlister, age 74, of Moline, Kansas, passed away Monday, January 21, 2008 at the Galichia Heart Hospital in Wichita, Kansas.  She was born on January 11, 1934 in Howard, Kansas, the daughter of Neil and Mary (Boone) Boyer.

On January 2, 1954, Pat married Harold Jo McAlister in Miami, Oklahoma, and he preceded her in death on April 9, 1999.  Pat first worked as a beautician and then went to work as a dietician.  She worked for Elk Manor Nursing Home in Moline and retired from Kansas Department of Correction in Winfield, Kansas as the Dietary Supervisor. 

Pat enjoyed quilting, knitting, and crocheting.  For over 30 years, she taught knitting and crocheting in 4-H.  She was also known for writing the Moline News and Views for the Flint Hills Express.

Pat is survived by one daughter, Kathy Spurlock and her husband Marty of Neodesha, Kansas; one son, Gary McAlister and his wife Paula of Moline, Kansas; two brothers, Jerry Boyer of Moline, Kansas and Mike Boyer of Longton, Kansas; and four grandchildren, Katherine and Hunter Spurlock and Scott and Abbie McAlister.  She was preceded in death by her parents, one brother Kenny Boyer, and two sisters, Phyllis Hurla and Irma Jean Boyer. 

Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2008 at the United Methodist Church in Howard, Kansas with Pastor Gary Boles officiating.  Visitation will be held Thursday from 5-8 p.m. at the church.  Interment will be at the Belknap Cemetey, Belknap, Kansas.

Contributions may be made to the Elk County 4-H Council and may be sent to Countryside Funeral Home, P.O. Box 247, Fredonia, Kansas.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk