WEATHER!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 15, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Diane, how is your weather today??? :o :o ::) ::)

Diane Amberg

Cold and windy, but dry so far. We had rain and sleet yesterday that left a little ice this morning.

Wilma

I heard that there was a nor'easter heading your way.  I am curious.  Is it as bad as it's reputation and how do you handle it?

It has been a beautiful day in Elk County, but that is going to end tomorrow.

Jo McDonald

Here we are in WARM SOUTH TEXAS and y'all need to know that the temp in Howard, KS is three degrees warmer than it is down here.  Now I ask you, what's wrong with this picture?    :o :o
Yesterday we were in the 40's and today has been rainy and wind out of the north and chilly 50 degree temps.  I do get a grin out of the born and bred south Texans.  They run around with sock caps, gloves and big heavy coats on, and for those of you that know me ---I don"t very often wear a heavy coat, so people think I'm not too bright.
  Hope your weather doesn't get real bad.  Take care and stay warm.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

It looks like the worst of it is going northwest of us. We had a coating of snow late this afternoon, and the temp. will keep dropping over the next few days. The big bomber snow systems haven't set up for us yet this winter. If they do, we'll  just hunker down and endure. I wouldn't want a big storm right now as my kitchen sink and cook top are missing. I set up my microwave and coffee maker in the dining room and my wall oven is fine. I can't use my dishwasher right now and I darned near poured a pan of potato water down where the sink USED to be!  ;D ;D ;D The tile guy will work tomorrow while Al and I do a CPR update for our dentist and staff.

Teresa

Quote from: Jo McDonald on January 15, 2008, 05:57:41 PM
-I don"t very often wear a heavy coat, so people think I'm not too bright.

Now Mama... everyone knows how much I love you..
but I am having a hard time with keeping my mouth closed on that one. :-X

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

T. Sackett

Quote from: Jo McDonald on January 15, 2008, 05:57:41 PM
so people think I'm not too bright.

Is that what they mean by a person's elevator going only to the second floor of a ten story building?  Duh............ ::)
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

Jo McDonald

Yep  You got-er, Bounty Hunter.  Right on the money.  lol

T. Sackett

Well................if that's the case, about half of this country's population would fall in that category!  :laugh:
      It can be well below freezing and there can be some  "nut" running around outdoors with shorts on!  Now, that is what I would call "not very bright."
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

Jo McDonald

Well--- maybe not "bright"  But~~~~`maybe not cold blooded either and so, warm enough for him.

I am probnably as comfortable with my outer wear as the person all bundled up is with theirs. 

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk