WEATHER!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 15, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

We're at 65 going for a record breaking 70 later today. The wind is starting to blow from the southwest and thunderstorms are on their way. I expect to see the wicked witch and her flying monkeys overhead soon.

Jo McDonald

We have gusty winds out of the northeast and temp right now is 56 degrees at 10:47 AM
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Roma Jean Turner

Just cold and a little frost here, but not expected to snow anymore.  Just thankful that all of those tornados went somewhere else, but at the same time, feeling for those people to the south of us.

Wilma

Hey, Florida, how is your weather today?  Do we have anyone living in the great northwest where the great snowfall has fallen?

Jo McDonald

I received this from a good friend in Minnesota just now -- so thought I would share with y/all.

It's not cold yet !

60 above zero:   

Floridians turn on the heat. People in Minnesota plant gardens.

50 above zero:     

Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Duluth sunbathe.

40 above zero:     

Italian & English cars won't start. People in Minnesota drive with the windows down.

32 above zero:     

Distilled water freezes. The water in Bemidji gets thicker.

20 above zero:     

Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats. People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.

15 above zero:       

New York landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets cold.

Zero:                     

People in Miami all die. Minnesotans close the windows.

10 below zero:     

Californians fly away to Mexico. People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.

25 below zero:     

Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Scouts in Minnesota are selling cookies door to door.

40 below zero:     

Washington DC runs out of hot air. People in Minnesota let the dogs sleep indoors.

100 below zero:   

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Minnesotans put the extensions on their ice augers, & go fishing.

460 below zero:   

ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale.) People in Minnesota start saying..."Cold 'nuff fer ya?"

500 below zero:     

Hell freezes over. Minnesota public schools will open 2 hours late.

Bonnie M.

"50 above zero:    Californians shiver uncontrollably."  (And, that's the truth!)

Actually, I just checked and our temperature on our patio is "70ยบ" but that's probably due to the sun shining so brightly.  What a deal!

(Report from Escondido, CA, San Diego County.)

Bonnie

Wilma

Jo, that is funneeee.  Wish I knew a Minnesotan to send it to.

LShortt

I couldn't pass this one by.  We live just outside of Toronto, Ontario.  For the past 10 days our temps have flucuated anywhere between 15F & 50F.  Yesterday, the high was about 50F.  Since the wee hours of today (Wed) we currently have about 15" of snow on the ground...and it's still falling.  Today our temps have hovered around 30-32F.  This time of year I don't know whether to pray for warm weather or bone chilling cold weather, because either way it won't snow.  But....it's February and although I go into denial every year...snow is kind of expected.  DARN!

Jo...my mom winters in south Texas and has for the past ten years.  She has a place in Mission.  I talk to mom several times a week and she JUST delights in telling me how warm it is.  And the few days that it does cool down a bit...she whines BIG time.  She doesn't get much sympathy from me.  HA HA

Jo McDonald

Hey little girl --- so nice to hear from you.  You stay pretty quiet up in the cold country.  We have several people here in the park from up your way .  One couple is from Quebec and they are a delight.  They usually get in the pool every day.  Some days it is a bit too chilly for them, and that is the days the native Texans walk around with their coats buttoned clear to their chins - hooded sweat shirts, gloves and either ear muffs or a band around their head and ears.  What a hoot !!!   This couple tell us how much bad stuff is on the ground at their home, so they think this is wonderful weather.
  It is nice and sunny today and the temp right now, 10:43 AM is 62 degrees.  I like it !!!

Wilma

I would like it, too, Jo.  We are cloudy, temp about 34, no wind, have had some snow flurries.  Actually, it looked like a nice spring day through my bedroom windows where I couldn't see the snow on the ground and I was inside, nice and warm.  The birds are still feeding heavy and hanging around.  They don't think it is spring yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk