WEATHER!!!!!

Started by Wilma, January 15, 2008, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

Quote from: Judy Harder on February 04, 2008, 01:14:12 PM
Boy, today is beautiful.........I could take this for another month or so and then it would be Spring for real.
temp is in the 70's and I know it will change....(after all I am in Kansas) but for now it is just about perfect.

I have managed to walk 45 minutes today. Yes, it is muddy and it will take time for it to dry up. 

I cleaned up the yard a bit and then sat out in the sun.

Hope you all take time to step out and enjoy. This is a great day the Lord has made.

AOYP

You are so very right about that one.  I have a daycare, the kids can't get out in the backyard, but thankfully I added on a porch with a roof and they have been out on the porch will me until nap time.  It is just wonderful.  I was worried about it, the start here was awful, lots of fog and you could not hardly see a block away, but not now.  The Lord has blessed us today!! with his beautiful sun shine.  They say tomorrow will be a different story.  Oh, well, you have to take the good with the bad, right!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Wilma

Angi, surely you have seen fog before like we had this morning.  But then you aren't old enough to remember 1979.  I was working in Wichita.  I would get off at 5:00 and my husband and our passenger would be waiting for me to pick them up at Beech Aircraft.  I picked them up on this day in late January or early February and to save time we didn't bother to switch drivers.  Lo and behold we were a few miles east of Augusta when we hit the densest fog ever.  I couldn't see in front of me or the yellow line in the center of the road.  The only thing I could see was the white line at the right hand edge of the road and once in awhile the taillights of a car ahead of us.  It was too dangerous to stop and change drivers as someone coming up behind us wouldn't have time to stop.  Couldn't get off the road as it was the old 2 lane 96 east of Augusta.  I drove all the way back to Severy.  Our passenger in the back seat didn't go to sleep as usual and my husband who usually criticized my driving didn't say a word.  This morning's fog wasn't too bad.  We started to Wichita about 8:30 and drove out of it before we got to Piedmont.

greatguns

Steve said it was foggy here early this morning.  Apparently not early in my world.  I left at 4:45 A.M. and there wasn't any fog then.  Sounds like tomorrow evening could be fun driving home, but not any more fun than last Thursday was.  Believe me going down 400 sideways is not my idea of a good time, not even at 20 mph.  Everyone enjoy the day whatever the weather.

Wilma

Now this is what I call Kansas weather.  In the 70's yesterday, thunderstorms this morning, temperature just above freezing and a promise of snow before the day is over.  Don't all of you transplanted Kansans wish you here?

Roma Jean Turner

Looks like we will all spend the evening watching the election returns and the storm warnings.  We may have another round of tornados like we had a few weeks ago.  I slept through the worst part of it in the middle of the night last time, hopefully, I'll sleep through it again. :laugh:

Jo McDonald

We have fog a lot here in south Texas -- of course we are just about 3/4 of a mile from the bay water, so that can be expected.  We may be back in Kansas sooner than we thought, however, as this wind is blowing a gale from the south.  Last week we had very strong winds, and on 77 highway south of Victoria, TX a motor home towing a car and traveling south, was blown into the path of a north bound 18 wheeler - both caught fire, the semi driver was killed and the couple in the motor home are still hospitalized.  What a horrible experience that would be.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Bonnie M.

So, Jo, when that winds quits blowing, can you just hitch up and get on home?
Bonnie

Jo McDonald

We plan to be here until the last week of March -- that is. if the good Lord is willing and the Devil doesn't care.

No matter where Fred and I are - when it is time to leave, we both say, " wish we didn't have to go", then we do the same thing over when we leave the next time.  Guess you could honestly say, we seem to be perfectly happy no matter where we are.  Guess that is good, huh?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Bonnie M.

Bonnie

Wilma

Today is Wednesday.  So far this week we have had dense fog, temperatures in the 70's, thunderstorms, sleet and this morning snow.  Yes, Toto, we are still iin Kansas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk